This 3-ingredient ice cream is the best thing you can make this week
Don’t worry, this recipe doesn’t require you to buy some pricey machine that you’ll use once in a blue moon. Everyone can make it with minimal equipment, namely an electric hand mixer (or a strong arm) and a freezer.
It’s actually so easy and so tasty you have to try it to believe it.
This recipe is a base so feel free to get creative when it comes to flavouring and toppings, the sky is the limit!
Easy no-churn ice cream
- 500ml double cream, cold
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Flavouring (to choose from):
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g cookies or biscuits, broken into pieces
- 150g jam
- 150g chocolate chips
- 100g caramelised pecans
- Chocolate or caramel sauce, to serve
- Place the bowl and whisk attachment of a food processor in the freezer for about 15 minutes to chill.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Pour the double cream into the chilled food processor bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, then gradually add the remaining whipped cream. Add your flavouring of choice and fold gently.
- Pour the mixture into a 2L freezer safe container and flatten the top. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.