Identify, prevent, treat: An expert guide to nappy rash
Our tiny tots have quite sensitive skin which means we have to be extra careful when treating skin issues whether it’s eczema, psoriasis or nappy rash.
Us mums are determined to find gentle and soothing products that ensure our little ones skin is treated with as much care as possible. Our main priority is to stop them from feeling any pain and irritation, which is why prevention is key.
Nappy rash is one skin condition that causes quite a lot of distress for our little ones but we have mustered up our top tips and found a holy-grail product that never lets us down when treating our babies.
Unfortunately, nappy rash is something most babies will suffer from at least once before they turn two-years-old.
It is caused by a reaction between your little one’s urine and bacteria which form ammonia, which causes a painful stinging sensation for baby. However, it is possible to prevent it from happening.
Here are our top tips for avoiding nappy rash:
1. One of the main things you should do is change baby’s nappy as soon as it becomes wet or soiled. Leaving them in a damp nappy will cause the uncomfortable rash to appear and the last thing you want is for your little boy or girl to be in pain.
2. Another mistake many of us have made in the early days of motherhood is tightening their nappy too much. One thing you could also do is let the baby’s bum breathe by taking their nappy off for a while. Fresh air is so good for their skin.
3. One thing we always reach for to avoid nappy rash is Caldesene. It swiftly became our go-to product when our little one’s first started suffering from nappy rash. The best thing about Caldesene is the fact that it treats nappy rash, but also prevents it too.
The medicated powder is specially formulated to create a barrier against wetness on your baby’s skin. Being medicated, it attacks harmful bacteria which can cause a rash, and helps to soothe irritated skin.
The life-changing product has gotten a fabulous makeover but the product hasn’t changed. Caldesene still provides tender care at every change. It is an essential item for every mum and tiny tot.
4. Another thing that helps is cutting back on acidic foods like strawberries, grapes, apples and citrus fruits. These foods can irritate the nappy rash and leave your little one feeling even more uncomfortable than before.
5. Drying baby’s bum is one thing you must do perfectly. Don’t rub their bum when drying it as their skin is still too delicate. The best thing to do is to pat it or air dry it.
Your baby will be nappy rash free once you follow these tips and turn to Caldesene during your time of need. Every mum we know swears by the medicated powder. It has made changing nappies a hell of a lot less stressful.