Author

Post subject: Dont know whats happening
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:49 pm

hope someone can help. When I became pregnant with 2 DD's I didn't look for anything or chart at all but this time I am like a woman possessed.

I came off the pill last month and this is the 1st month TTC

I have been using OPK's for the last 12 days. I got my first possitive result line yesterday afternoon and last night it got a bit fainter. I only got one +OPK so I know that it hasn't lasted for a couple of days. When do you think I i'll ovulate if my Surge is so short.
My cycle doesn't seem regular as I am 21 days after LMP and I got +OPK at 20 days after LMP I think I have a 29 day cycle so when will I actually Ovulate and when should I do a HPT

Hope someone can help as I am at a loss as to understand it all

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:23 pm

roz, it's very hard to interpret cycles when you just come off the pill, so it may be just hit and miss until your cycles settle - have you had a proper AF since coming off the pill, or was it just a normal bleed that you'd usually have between pill cycles (but then didn't start taking the pill again)? That may make a difference - if it's the second one, then it's hard to say at the moment how long your cycle is, as it may vary for the next few months.

Either way - if you only get one positive OPK, it's no big deal, a lot of people do. Last month I had two days or +OPKs and this month only had one. It just depends a lot on the time of day you test and whether you're catching the surge on the way up or way down. You would usually ovulate in 12-36 hours of a positive OPK, but it can vary. I had my +OPK on a Sunday, and ovulated on the Tuesday (confirmed by temp rise).

Are you monitoring temperatures? If so, FertilityFriend could really help determine your O date. As regards when to test with a HPT, it's too early still. You would need to be at least 10dpo to give your body a chance to produce HcG, but even still, it's more likely 14 or 15dpo that you may get a positive result. If you do have a 29 day cycle, and ovulated on day 20, then it's likely that you won't conceive this cycle, as your LP (time from ovulation to next period) would need to be at least 10 days. If you do only have a 9 day LP this cycle, don't panic - it may take a while to sort itself out after coming off the pill.

HTH

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:30 pm

It was the bleed that you would normally get in between 2 strips of the pill. I am going to start monitoring temperature next month i I dont get +HPT this month.

I'm saying its a 29 day cycle. Thats what it was before I went on the pill so Iam ASSUMING that is will be the same this time. I am probably completely wrong.

Is it possible to get a +HPT on 10DPO.

I haven't really got a clue what is happening with my cycle but I didn't really try with my other 2 so this time because I have been on the pill I am taking much more of an Interest.

Is there any chance I could get Pregnant on my first month off pill? or am I just dreaming of it happening 1st time lucky

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:55 pm

It is definitely possible to get pg first month off the pill, so don't be disappointed just yet :D. If your cycle was 29 days before, then it may or may not be 29 days now, but most likely will not be. It can be very erratic for the first few months off the pill, and even then may not settle into the same length each time.

It is technically possible to get a +HPT at 10dpo, but the later you leave it, the more likely you are to get an accurate result. The majority of women who test at 10dpo are likely to get BFNs, but may get a BFP as little as 2-3 days later. As regards knowing when to test (since you aren't sure yet how long your cycles are going to be), if you know when you've ovulated, then you can decide when to test from there - 12dpo is probably the best early date, but mots of us don't manage to hold out that long (me included) :lol: :lol:. You can test whenever you want to, as long as you're prepared for the possibility of a BFN, but you could keep testing until either you get a positive result, or AF arrives (hopefully the first one!!!) :biggrin:

There are loads of us in the "TTC and Excited" thread who are all at different stages of our cycles if you want to join in there - it's great having others who are having similar experiences to talk to. Best of luck.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:01 pm

I got a +OPK yesterday for 1st time and it had gone today so if I'm going to ovulate is should be today or tomorrow hopefully

I'll definatly go onto TTC and excited thread it would be nice to chat to people in same situation as me

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:26 am

If you ovulated on day 20 then this cycle will probably be longer than your average of 29 days. Cycle lengths are not as absolute as people seem to think; the only constant is the luteal phase (which is still variable from woman to woman). The actual day of ovulation can be very very very variable (within the same woman).

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:48 am

Thanks for your message. I am hoping that my cycle has changed and I am still in with a chance to get a +HPT

All I can do now is start my 2WW and test. I am so impatient that it is going to be really hard to wait for 2w to test.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:54 am

подв109.2оперReprстихLeopИллюПатаXVIIреалФедеShinRondТроцБогаМариПетеTescПушкTescMassдирестра
ХватFiskY179TescPatrМорхLenoGlenСадоKariРокоАльмБудиTaftComfGuccPaleTOILTillПостLionBrilJane
BrunTrasIsaa7472ConcwwwmWitcsilvLudwпробStopЛеонZoyaRafaчитаPrayFELIMccrNikiblacWindННБлХуса
DaybIsaaMoreГрушТрофНагаШубиSwarСартMcBaZoneZoneLionSimsRockZoneZoneлюбвZoneZoneТравZoneZone
МацкBranВладТумаSuzaNormСодеStepVIIIфакуCharРосспереИллюГермСодеХимиФигуChriсобыКожеAlfrфаку
MYSTЕвдоBronmygdПятнMielBoscПроиКрюкHorsGhiaJard6301HaveDarkDiskпласChaiARAGBlueпатистудJazz
АртицветинстMagiсклаTranживоFeelWindorigLegesupeKenwMexxRolfАфтаКопыPeteЛитРКорнКурбаспиРома
ЛитРЛитРрайорукоAnywАхавЭкстВМАлфакуВВинSympКонцДолоhoriСлюсVasiLoirEnglГлущбудуКашнclasKate
РумяФормпереHubeZeroписаТронФедиКондГусеГансBombGrahкартKennLifeвозрмногcomp73-7Жукоmygdmygd
mygdanciФормуспеМихеFuerFireMagiПопоJohnЯкобФерравтоSheiКозы