Author

Post subject: How do I stop snoring!!!
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 pm

I understand that it is usual to snore more when pregnant as the hormones make various bits of bodies relax more than they used to.
However, it is getting to be quite destructive with me now and I don't know how to stop!
I used to be able to doze on the train into work - but can't risk it now as I always snore badly, even when sat bolt upright.
At the moment my husband is out of the country - I really want to have found a solution before he comes back in two weeks time.
Any suggestions?

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:06 pm

I snored really badly and I found the only cure was to actually ahve the baby! Sorry! No miracle cure for this one I'm afraid. I wouldn't be into taking any of those herbal remedies or wearing a ring on my pinikie when pregnant. Its water retnetion too, around the neck. My neck halved in size after babs. Sorry! Best get earplugs or a thick skin for the train!!

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi Dilly
Can you get breathe right nose strips at home? they may not be the most attractive things in the world :biggrin: but they do help to open your sinuses and might help with the snoring, perhaps not on the train to work though!
http://www.breatheright.com/products/nasal_strips.asp
njc

MC at 6 weeks, My Little Dublin baby, 25/ 11/06

Post subject:
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:25 pm

Im only 5 weeks pregnant and dh was telling me all this week that Im snoring :biggrin: :biggrin:

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:26 pm

i snored so badly when pregnant with my daughter that my dh slept upstairs and i slept downstairs on the couch at night

i found propping myself up with loads of pillows helped a bit - but in the end birth was the only thing that cured me!

funny thing though, when dd was born - SHE snored for the first 3 months - loud enough to wake up dh!

best of luck!
J

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks guys,
Obviously no quick fix then - but it is good to know that I am not alone.
Cheers!

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:19 pm

My dw used to snore during the pregnancy period and it was awful.. something between a train and a chopper. The worst part was that even after the birth it didn't come back to normal. I still love her, but I feel that the situation worsen our relationship.
Eventually I urged her to loose weight, and around 40lbs later the snoring problem just gone! And she is so sexy now :)

Anyway, I read few articles herehttp://www.topsnoringsolution.com/should-we-sleep-in-different-beds/ (please removed if not allowed) if you are interested in a solution for your snoring problem. They got some good tips over there.

Cheers

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:41 pm

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/fe ... remedies#1 I think these advice in this article are useful for you :D

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:00 am

Get solutions.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Sleeping with your head slightly elevated can help sometimes.