Author

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:00 am

Hi, l have no one I can talk to about this but need to talk about it.
Earlier this year my husband of 14 years started being distant and unaffectionate with me. This went on for several months and I googled possible reasons. The most obvious was an affair. So I started watching his behaviour more closely. I noticed he was on his phone in the evening more than usual and with a smile on his face. Suspicion filled my mind. I checked his text messages and discovered a series of messages with a woman which ended in them arranging to meet.
However the day they picked my husband would be away overnight on a business trip. He texted this woman to let her know and ask did she want to join him. Incidentally he texted her straight after he texted me to let me known of the trip. I also found messages on Craigslist from other women. I confronted him and he admitted an online relationship. He said it was pure fantasy, they had never met and he didn't know what she looked like or if what she told him was true. He said he was sorry and would delete her number and his Craigslist account. I gave him a second chance, but the trust between us was gone and said I would check his phone and email when I wanted and he agreed that that was reasonable. This all happened in July, and I added the other woman's details to my contacts.
We both joined whatsapp recently and while searching through my contacts I see the other woman and a picture. So I checked his whatsapp last night and see her photo under different details, same surname different first name. So I check his phone contacts and she's listed as a working for the same company as him. I couldn't find any evidence that they had been in contact recently.

So is she a work colleague and I've been a gullible idiot, or is what he claims an online affair with a stranger. But why keep her details and attempt to disguise them. I'm tempted to call her, he even has her home number. I will confront him but I need to pick the right time as depending how it goes he could be moving I with his mother and want to minimise the distress on our children.
I can't sleep or eat with the stress of it all. I can't believe he's taken me for a fool again.

Advice please.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 pm

How are things now ? I see nobody replied

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Dear god, you poor thing. Sorry nobody replied to you.

It does sound very, very suspicious. I would fear he is hiding and just getting a little better at covering his tracks (which is what I thought when I read your bit about checking his phone).

I think you need to arm yourself with information and then when you ask him you can tell if he is continuing to lie.

That said, he already has lied. I'm sure your head is in a right spin.

Please come back and tell us how you are doing.

I rarely log on here anymore but will come back.

X

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Now I am in a similar situation. I noticed that my husband is interested in other girls. I hate that. He spends a lot of time here no.firecams.com/model-online. I noticed his attitude had changed. I don't know what to do. I'm panicked and completely crushed. I need your assistance. Help Council. I beg you.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 am

This is an awful situation. I would try to talk to him. It really depends on what kind of person your husband is, and no one knows him better then you. Is he a quiet person, or an open one? Is this something that happened before? Maybe it is a phase and it will go away. If it continues to go like this, I would talk and tell him how I feel.