Author

Post subject: Slimming world diet
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:00 am

Hi all. I see/hear so much about SW. I've failed on ww as I'm bored so looking around for some fresh help. Can you outline how the diet works ause I'm considering this vs motivation weight loss which is considerably more expensive.

Post subject: Re: Slimming world diet
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:26 am

its a healthy eating plan aimed at changing the way you eat and your eating habits. Quick basics are you eat two thirds free food and one third superfree foods on your plate at each meal. These are listed in your book... but superfree are fruit and veg and free are meats,eggs,potatoes, pasta, rice etc. As long as you optimise and eat each type in proportion to each other you will lose weight.

you have probably heard about syns (SW equivalent of WW points) these would be treats and other items such a dressings, biscuits, crisps and all that type of thing.

I think you should give it a try - its 'similar' idea but gives more freedom especially on quantities so you can eat a LOT (always good!)

My friend did motivation and it worked for a while (don't all diets!) but she said she was constantly hungry. With SW fruit is unlimited so plenty to snack on any time of day.

have missed out loads but that is very basic function of SW. You can go to a class and sit in the beginners talk - just arrive at the beginning of any class and if you don't think its for you then you don't have to pay.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks a million for that Snozberry. Are you limited to your daily syns? I'm not a mad veg fan so I'm wondering if I can avoid that. Probably not as they're better for you and fill you up. I'm thinking if I are more if those I wouldn't be in the state I'm in.

My cousin lost 6 stone on Motivation and I only found out when I saw her face in an ad!! I was a bit put off by the price. "From" €4 per day. That's a lot by comparison.

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:00 pm

syns are 15 a day so you are limited as these are all the treats etc. But you can eat large portions of dinner as long as its one third of the plate superfree (if you dont like veg you can make it up with fruit as a dessert equivalent) and two thirds free.

Do go along to a class and see what you think... our leader does the talk with the newbies while others are being weighed and then you can join up at the end of the class. its worth a try!
best of luck whatever you choose!

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:37 pm

I recently joined, after having joined WW like 50 times. I have found it so much easier to follow, stress free without counting every bit of food I eat, which kept me thinking about food 24/7. I snack on fruit and yogurts, syn free and tasty. I have lost 8-1/2 lbs in 5 weeks, that I can say completely effortless and no hungry at all.

If you find it difficult to eat vegs, Im afraid you won't be able to succeed on most diets, unfortunately, vegs are low calorie/ filling foods.

You should start with the vegs you tolerate the most, and as you see the weight going down, it might motivate you to add more vegs. What about sweet potatoes? roasted in the oven are delicious! a salad made with apple and celery and a tablespoon of extra light mayonaise? (syns in mayonaise, but low) or roasted vegs mixed with pasta? the posibilites are endless !

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello!
I know that my wife uses Reductil from http://www.reductil-sibutramine.net because she decided to lose weight.
It works for her ...
it is an easy diet, not expensive and she feels very good.
Maybe it will help you.
On this site you can find something for any medical problem