Author

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Despite eating copious amounts of fruit and veg, a decent breakfast,a good lunch I am constantly hungry! Drinking to water to beat the band too. I've consumed half a melon and a 6.5syn bag of popcorn on my train journey home and all I can think about is my dinner.
Anyone else on sw feel like this? Going to bring some hb eggs with me tomorrow, maybe protein is the answer to my woes

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear ur feeling hungry all the time.
I've been in SW since last November and I've never been hungry at all on it.

Would u make up a fruit salad to eat on way home, that would be more filling than a bag of popcorn?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Protein and hot drinks help me stop the pangs. Tuna, chicken breast grilled, little chunks of lf feta, ff greek yoghitt. Also bizarrely chunks of celery

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Have you just recently started?
I found that I was starving the first week or two and constantly ate but it all settled down and I still lost those first few weeks too.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks for replies. Lorr I had a half melon then the popcorn.
I snack a lot. So say today I've eaten a muller light yoghurt, banana, two satsuma, two apples, half melon, brown pitta bread filled with ham salad, large mug of veg soup, and the popcorn. That was just by 6 o clock pm

I've been loosely following sw for a good while now. Never commit to it and I'm starting to think its for this reason( the constant hunger)

I get ye that I should eat more protein and maybe celery sticks too. Will give it a shot

Agh I hate when I'm trying to watch my diet I become obsessed with food almost.

I do also get this air hunger side effect from my thyroid tabs but I have been on them for years so I should be desensitised to that effect by now.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Snap. I get obsessed with food. Love food anyway amd would snack all day long if let. I find veg with a small amount of fruit helps keep blood sugar more stable and less hunger pangs. I still get them but then i am not really on sw but tbh most diets are the same. Less rubbish, more fruit amd veg

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Fruit is not filling and won't satisfy hunger. It is too much sugar - your blood sugar would be spiking and falling with the volume of sugar you consumed through fruit.

You need a lot more protein and slow release carbs to really combat hunger.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 pm

What do you have for breakfast?

you shouldn't be hungry like that, so I'd guess that you are not eating enough low GI foods, or enough protein.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 pm

For breakfast I usually eat something different each day in the week. Usually porridge with banana and skimmed milk, eggs with mccambridge bread, 2 Alpen lights with fruit and yogurt, omelettes, beans and toast

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:03 pm

I found that hungry feeling too first couple weeks when I went on a diet. Well, not diet really, just started watching calories. I didn't drop any significant amount of calories down, so was getting enough food. But the hungry feeling was like if I didn't eat at all.

I found helpful to have smaller snacks but more often. Say, instead having half a melon in one go, I'd try to have just two slices. Then in half hour another two slices.

Also got myself great variety of fruit and herbal teas.
They don't feel U up as such, but because they have actual taste, unlike plain water, it keeps your brain occupied. And gives U impression that that was some sort of snack too.
I'd shift towards proteins, rather than sugars and look into smaller amounts more often.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:08 pm

I think you should have more protein. I feel full for much longer on this diet and it's cut out my picking between meals habit.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello!
I know that my wife uses Reductil from http://www.reductil-sibutramine.net because she decided to lose weight.
It works for her ...
it is an easy diet, not expensive and she feels very good.
Maybe it will help you.
On this site you can find something for any medical problem