Author

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 am

While I don't want to resurrect this thread to upset you I do want to add my sympathies. I hope the physical side of a D&C is over you now. Thinking of you and your DH. x

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks guys

I am trying to get over it as best as I can. I am feeling slightly better since yesterday. I finally had the procedure done on Wednesday last week.

Now, when I stop bleeding they're supposed to start looking into the causes of all of this. In some ways it is a relief that we won't be trying again for 12 weeks as this is how long the investigation takes.

The docs at the hospital were very positive and they said I still have some chances, they said it's probably just chromosomal anomalies. But 3 times in a row? The likelihood of that happening by pure chance is less than 1%. Also there is the fact that my mum had 4 miscarriages between my and my brother. Coincidence? Unlikely.

Worryingly enough, in more than 50% of the cases even if they investigate they find no cause to what has happened so you're left with nothing and just go and try again. But just the mere thought of going through this again... I can't even imagine.

I'll keep you posted, fingers crossed for me and for all of those out there in the same situ, it sure is hard.

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:14 pm

3 miscarriages in a row must be very hard. The very best of luck. I hope they find out the cause of what's causing them to put your mind at ease somewhat.

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Three miscarriages in a row is tough believe me but you need to focus on positives - it will happen and it will be ok xx

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 pm

I know this thread is old but in case of multiple pregnancy loss docs recommend doing preimplantation diagnosis (eg PGS NGS 360) to decrease the risk of mcs. Hope I can help a bit

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:19 pm

no doubt this is a very sensitive issue

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2