Author

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi girls, I joined this week, but due to it being the first SW class in Cork, and the fact that it only started a couple of weeks ago, it was chaotic to say the least! The end result is that I don't think it was really explained to us at all. Even the thought of going back and facing that queue again is making me break out in a cold sweat :sarcasm:

Anyway, the first I heard about the one third superfree was on the forum here a few minutes ago, and now I'm thinking I haven't really been following it properly for the last couple of days. Tonight I had oven baked wedges made using the spray oil, so free I think? And then I had peas...superfree? And I had veg chilli, also free I think. Now I had more wedges than peas so I'm guessing now that I didn't have the right combination at all....?? If I had had a huge helping of peas, then I could have made it a third of my overall meal but surely eating more is worse???

Anyone here do SW as a vegetarian?

And do they really go through EVERYONE"s weight loss and gain in every class? There must be over 100 people in my class and I was nearly losing the will to live before we even got through a quarter of them :Jumpy:

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Peas are a free food but not a superfree food. What was in the veg chilli? That could be your 1/3 superfree if the right veg are in it.

Can't help with the classes. Am only new myself and I do it online

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Lol DM I think we were at the same class. It was insane.
As for your question I would say that yes you should have had more veg. I'm only starting too so a bit clueless.

Sent using my MagicMum mobile app

Very Proud of My Large Family

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Wasn't it crazy mini? Am gonna try the new earlier class next week at 3.30 and see how that goes.

So it appears that I've been eating like a pig for the last two days and not following the diet at all...can only imagine my weight next week....:)

Rainbow, my chilli was mainly sweet potato, a pepper, onions and mushrooms...but mainly sweet potato :blush: So I'm pretty sure that wasn't superfree.

How come so leader said she often has baked wedges/ chips with light mayo as a snack.....sure that wouldn't be one third superfree?..

Will have to read the book again I think!!

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Did you get a PIN number when you joined ? It's normally written into your book on the same page as your weight is written in. If so, maybe log into the website and have a read through.

Re the chips/mayo snack..... the guide is that you should have "1/3 superfree where it makes sense". For instance, if you are having a lunch of beans on toast it doesn't make sense to have a helping of mixed veg on the side, as they just don't go together. So, you just have your beans on toast and then maybe later in the afternoon you have your snack of a fruit so that it balances out.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Ah right, well then maybe I'm not too bad. I've been eating so much fruit that over the day it probably does make up about a third of my diet, just I haven't been having it actually with my meals.
Is the idea that if you can set high carb foods you'll fell full earlier and so will actually eat less? If that's the case I haven't a hope, if I'm told I can have loads of potatoes, then there's NO stopping me :blush:

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:10 am

I just bumped 2 posts that Posher had about starting out with SW - defo worth a read, makes the whole thing much simpler!

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 am

Thanks deise, that actually makes it so much easier to understand, and the shopping list is great, gives me loads of ideas especially for snacks...after just two days I think I've overdosed on fruit!

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 pm

I have been doing SW for 18 months and I have lost 3.5 stone, the best tip I can give anyone is everytime you eat a free food have 1/3 superfree with it. Whetherit is for your mail mains or snacking. So for example if you were having a lunch of beans on toast i would eat 2 pieces fruit immediately before it to get my 1/3 superfree in. When I snack I still have a 1/3 superfree so I would eat 2 slices of ham and have a pear with it. Or if I have a mug shot that is free I will eat a pear with it or melon or strawberries. You can then snack on superfree through out the day I mainly snack on fruit.

And the other advice is use your syns, 15 a day but use at least 5 to 10, I keep these for little treats or low fat dressing/mayo

This plan really does work, i have 7lbs to go to target and I was never hungry on it. I really hope to keep the weight of this time as I can see this as a lifestyle change.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Can. Any one help me out how do it work

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello!
I know that my wife uses Reductil from http://www.reductil-sibutramine.net because she decided to lose weight.
It works for her ...
it is an easy diet, not expensive and she feels very good.
Maybe it will help you.
On this site you can find something for any medical problem