Author

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi all

I want to hire someone to come in and do a top to bottom spring clean in my house. After 3 years of pregnancy and small babies it really needs a deep clean (as opposed to my efforts :nervous: ) and I don't want to have to spend my precious couple of weeks with the kids before going back to work doing it myself.

Anyone have any companies you've used that you could recommend?

I'd also be interested in recommendations for a cleaner to come in once a week (someone I could trust in the house when I'm not there as I will be back full time)

Thanks

Rosie

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm on the look-out for some cleaners too rosiecotton, but have no idea who to choose. See this crowd around town a lot www.dailypoppins.ie so in a week or two will be giving them a call...

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 pm

anyone else have any recommendations?

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Where are you all based?

Very Proud of My Large Family

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi girls,

I had a fab girl but she has gone on maternity leave.

Have had one or two sice ...not grat service, very hard to find someone.

Rang Maid4u the cover Cork area. €45 for one hour two girls cleaning...bit steap i thought considering I was getting four hours for €40. I would think maid4u would be good service as it is a business after all if you are willing to pay for it.

Let me know if ye have any luck!

babybelleX

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 pm

thanks babybelle but a bit too expensive as I am not working. Was hoping €15 a hour max so will have to keep looking

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Best bet is to check local shops centra, tesco etc for advertising boards, thats where I got my first cleaner.

Hoping to do the same again. It is trial and error but worth the chance. I ususally pay €10 per hour and petrol, thought other cleaning services bit too expensive.

Babybelle X

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Always looking at those boards but nothing ever around - in Ballincollig area so just have to keep looking.

Thanks

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

i eventually got a cleaning company (out of the phone book) for the spring clean. they did a fairly good job, not perfect but i was pretty happy with it, shampooed the carpets and all. i then got a cleaner that was also cleaning for a good friend and she is fab. i love coming home to a clean house :biggrin: . she is €10 an hour, best money ever. i think my friend originally got her number from the board in the supermarket.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Does your cleaner do ballincollig area?

Also how much was your spring clean in the end?

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:04 pm

i don't think so, she lives in glanmire and it people in surrounding areas she cleans for...and i don't think she has any spare capacity at the moment, sorry.

the spring clean cost about 250 i think (not 100% sure as my head is addled tonight)

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:16 pm

will get the spring clean - that sounds worth it to do the whole house

thanks

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 am

rosiecotton wrote:
Hi all

I want to hire someone to come in and do a top to bottom spring clean in my house. After 3 years of pregnancy and small babies it really needs a deep clean (as opposed to my efforts :nervous: ) and I don't want to have to spend my precious couple of weeks with the kids before going back to work doing it myself.

Anyone have any companies you've used that you could richmond carpet cleaning ?

I'd also be interested in recommendations for a cleaner to come in once a week (someone I could trust in the house when I'm not there as I will be back full time)

Thanks

Rosie

Hello,
You can do rug clean at home .
Remember to blot -- not rub -- the stain and remove moisture from spills as quickly as possible. Alcohol and soft drinks: Use a solution of 1 teaspoon liquid dish detergent, 1 quart of warm water, and 1/4 teaspoon of white vinegar. Apply to the stain, rinse, then blot dry.
Thank you

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Vérifiez les antécédents de votre femme de ménage avant de l'embaucher, et profiter ensuite en toute tranquilité de votre temps libre en la laissant s'occuper des tâches ménagères.