Author

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi All,

My question to you: why after registering as married couple, tax office sent tax certificate without transfering may tax credits ( 63.47) to my husband?

We went in tax office in august 2014, after we got married, and explained them that i earn less than 10000 euros/ year, and asked them to transfer my tax credits to my husband.
In the tax certificate received in january 2015 shows that they didn`t transfered any PAYE tax credits, we have each 63.47 weekly.....but they raised his tax rate band to 42,800 which is fine. Which means they partially changed things we`ve asked.
Co-workers at the company where i work, they all have their weekly tax credits transfered to their husband.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Naomi

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Give them a quick call and ask them to change it. They can do it on the phone and new credits issue straight away to your employers.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Remember you can't transfer the PAYE credit just your personal credit.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks for your answer. If you check the photo posted about the tax cert., are thhose weekly tax credits transferable? the 63.47?

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Only half of them are transferable. You get a personal credit of €1650 and a PAYE one of €1650, you can transfer the personal one. You will need the PAYE one for your own tax anyway. On €10,000 your tax at 20% will be €2000.