Author

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

novbaby31 wrote:
Douchas wrote:
That sounds great! Does it apply to mens polices if their wife is expecting? My dh is with aviva but I'm with vhi:(

it did for us anyway.

Fantastic, must get my dh to ring them up and enquire.

Milis, that's great about the car park charges, we never claimed this on my dd so must definitely get my dh to keep his receipts this time round.

Aviva sound so much better than vhi for maternity. I should have changed over years ago.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am

I availed of this service on my last two babies. One girl was a grafter and did a great job. Other very light house work and it was more inconvenience than it was worth.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:39 pm

I completely forgot about this!! Thanks for the reminder dd will make h communion two weeks after babs is born, so this will be a great help :biggrin:

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Ladies anyone know which plans this is included in? Am hospital level 1 - fingers crossed - bit of help/120e would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

When I phoned the other day there was no mention of the money being given instead of the cleaner, just a waiting list for the cleaner.

Mission

Last edited by mission32 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Fantastic idea, it reminds me of the post natal service in Holland where you are provided with a nurse/home help for 4 hours a day, for two full weeks. I remember my friend raving obout it after her third child was born (they were on a posting there). House was in ship shape, children super happy and well looked after, meal for family cooked. Total heaven. What a really great system to have in place. Really practical.

Sullys

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Sullys wrote:
Fantastic idea, it reminds me of the post natal service in Holland where you are provided with a nurse/home help for 4 hours a day, for two full weeks. I remember my friend raving obout it after her third child was born (they were on a posting there). House was in ship shape, children super happy and well looked after, meal for family cooked. Total heaven. What a really great system to have in place. Really practical.

Sullys

It depends on the cleaner. :biggrin: We had a cleaner through this service that reduced me to a seething hormonal masss of tears afterwards. The place was worse when she left, not better. I had to re-do everything. She was awful. I was crying on the phone to my poor husband who was in work about how awful she was. I cut short her visit and essentially told her to leave.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 pm

I would have done a better job myself tbh and she wasn't a cleaner, she was doing it to make up practical hours as part of a carers course or something. Lovely lady but she spent more time admiring photos around the house and :biggrin: gazing at my kids...tho they are pretty :biggrin: gorgeous. ha ha.
Like another poster said, it was more hassle than it was worth. But if I had another baby I would avail of it again and ask for someone different.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 pm

novbaby31 wrote:
Sullys wrote:

Sullys

It depends on the cleaner. :biggrin: We had a cleaner through this service that reduced me to a seething hormonal masss of tears afterwards. The place was worse when she left, not better. I had to re-do everything. She was awful. I was crying on the phone to my poor husband who was in work about how awful she was. I cut short her visit and essentially told her to leave.

That's a pity, my friend must have really lucked out as she really raved about the standard of help she received. She was pretty hormonal too, as I remember here saying she wished she could do a swap for her husband with the help. :biggrin: But of course you are right, it would so depend on who you would get. Someone under your feet would be a whole different ballgame.

Sullys

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I had it and it was really great. She organised all the kids wardrobes and mine and husbands. I hate sorting clothes. It was brillant I even got her back privately a few times afterwards.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am

Hello,

Anyone who takes Aviva services for house cleaning what is your feedback for Aviva service because I'm looking for experienced household services.so if anyone helps me out it will be helpful for me to take it or not.
Thanks...

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:19 pm

mission32 wrote:
Anyone avail of this seemingly when you are having a baby you can get 4 X 4 Hour Cleaning sessions for free from Aviva .
If they do not have a domestic godess to cover your area you recieve the money and then pay someone yourself.

Humour me I cannot sleep

:biggrin:

These sessions are beneficial to the cleanliness of the house. But vacuum cleaners that are sold from stores that are advertised on the website where are many reviews of lightweight vacuum cleaners and other types of vacuum cleaners are the best helpers in cleaning the house. If you use this discount on free sessions of cleaning and use such vacuum cleaners then your house will be the cleanest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2