Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Author

Message

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:46 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Mar 2007
Posts
8428
Location
DUBLIN
Just trying to get an idea how strict cinemas are about enforcing 15A rating for Mrs Browns Boys...my DDS are 15 & 13 ,so wondering would they get in together....


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:49 pm
Offline

Joined
Apr 2012
Posts
1923
I wouldn't dream of exposing my children to something like Mrs Brown's Boys, no matter how old they are. Absolute garbage. Unless you want to punish them, in which case buy them a box set.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:55 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Mar 2005
Posts
8795
Notjustamum wrote:
I wouldn't dream of exposing my children to something like Mrs Brown's Boys, no matter how old they are. Absolute garbage. Unless you want to punish them, in which case buy them a box set.


She didn't ask about your children though.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:59 pm
Offline

Joined
Apr 2012
Posts
1923
Kooky wrote:
Notjustamum wrote:
I wouldn't dream of exposing my children to something like Mrs Brown's Boys, no matter how old they are. Absolute garbage. Unless you want to punish them, in which case buy them a box set.


She didn't ask about your children though.

Subjecting any child to Mrs Brown's Boys is cruel and unusual punishment. It takes a village to raise a child. Sometimes that village is driving Bredan O'Carroll and co out of the place with pitchforks.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:20 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
May 2008
Posts
5938
Location
Meath
Thought on another thread it said under 15 could go with an adult

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=580654

15A Certificate - Guidelines

Films classified 15A have been deemed appropriate for viewers of fifteen and over. However, they can also be seen by younger children - provided they are accompanied by an adult who has deemed the film appropriate viewing for that child. In such cases, IFCO strongly recommends that parents/guardians make informed decisions by accessing the consumer advice available on this website.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Offline

Joined
Jun 2005
Posts
12321
by rights your 13 should be with an adult as opposed to her 15 year old sister, so really you should check with the cinema policy.

hth

(edited to make it dd's not ds - sorry!)


Last edited by summerof69 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:43 pm
Offline

Joined
Dec 2009
Posts
1376
Most cinema's will let them in. Buy the tickets and don't say anything. As long as you are happy to let them go.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Mar 2007
Posts
8428
Location
DUBLIN
Im happy for her to go alright, she loves the programme , as do most her class-mates...I did intend bringing the 2 girls myself but it would be handier if I could bring DS (9yrs) to see something at same time...


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:13 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Oct 2005
Posts
4748
Location
Co. Limerick
janemary I brought DD who is eight a half and had no problem and she loved D'movie.

_________________
My support website for infertile couples
my flickr
Image


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 pm
Offline

Joined
Feb 2006
Posts
3363
A friends children went to see 22 Jump St (rated 15a), and when 15 yr olds wanted to see it, they weren't allowed in mainly because their friends were 13 and looked it. If you were there it should be ok, there were no adults with the 13 and 15 year olds.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:01 pm
Offline

Joined
Oct 2006
Posts
3993
Great film. The should love it :)


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Mar 2007
Posts
8428
Location
DUBLIN
Lean wrote:
janemary I brought DD who is eight a half and had no problem and she loved D'movie.

Maybe Ill bring him...I have heard its alot milder than the TV show...


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:09 pm
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Jul 2004
Posts
22994
Location
Way out Wesht!!
Notjustamum wrote:
Kooky wrote:
Notjustamum wrote:
I wouldn't dream of exposing my children to something like Mrs Brown's Boys, no matter how old they are. Absolute garbage. Unless you want to punish them, in which case buy them a box set.


She didn't ask about your children though.

Subjecting any child to Mrs Brown's Boys is cruel and unusual punishment. It takes a village to raise a child. Sometimes that village is driving Bredan O'Carroll and co out of the place with pitchforks.


NJAM, you are priceless. Thanks!!! :lol:

_________________
The Boy Wonder - Nov 2002
The Bruiser - July 2005
Missy Moo - April 2009


Top
Profile
Reply with quote

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum