Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 am

Madonna at Slane... thought her first song maybe more was mimed...

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 am

Prince in Cork 1990
Obnoxious little bollox, ruined my pregnant w/e away so he did.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:19 am

I forgot about Paul McCartney's "symphony" at Carnegie Hall. Don't remember what year it was but it was shortly before Linda MCCartney diedPure torture. My arse was numb - it went on for three hours!! Pretentious computer generated shite! I was so mad we sat through it.

The other boss is 5 (can't figure out the lilypie code things). I wasn't always this thick.

Time wounds all heels - John Lennon

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:08 am

beckyandemmasmam wrote:
Robbie Williams. Knew he loved himself but God he was so up his own as* he was nearly inside out :biggrin:

Wash your mouth out with soap young lady lol

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 am

boe wrote:
beckyandemmasmam wrote:
Robbie Williams. Knew he loved himself but God he was so up his own as* he was nearly inside out :biggrin:

Wash your mouth out with soap young lady lol

Suppose I better wash my mouth too as i was gonna post RW too :sigh:

felt like he was mostly worried whether he was enjoying himself, feck the audience.

another one was Shane MacGowan. was never a fan, but friends got tickets and thought might be a bit of craic. .. no it was not.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 am

Lady Madonna wrote:
Van Morrison, 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. It was like watching a sulky teenager who was forced by his mother to sing for a few relatives who call round once a year

Couldn't agree more, in the Olympia years ago, couldn't get over how rude he was!

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 am

The Corrs in the National Stadium, was so boring we walked out.

Madonna in Slane

The Police in Croke Park

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Cat Stevens a few years ago on his first ever visit to Ireland. He sang on stage for a short while then left. Then we had a preview/promotion thing of a west end show in which he was not on stage! People were booing and shouting for him to come back on. Everybody had paid alot of money to see him. He did come back on eventually and kind of apologised and realised he got the format wrong.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:47 pm

madamemac wrote:

Oh and that dire Guns n Roses concert at the O2 that DH dragged me to at 9 month pregnant (seated obviously!) Axl Rose didn't appear for 1.5 hours, by which time the whole place was changing and slow hand-clapping. The mood got very ugly and when he finally came on stage, he was booed and water bottles flung on stage. He sang a couple of songs and flounced. Cue lots of angry booing. We skedaddled before anything kicked off. Apparently he came back on stage at 1am purely to fulfil his contract and avoid the need for mass refunds. Spoiled brat.

PMSL I was there too! It was so bad it was good nearly, I found the whole thing entertaining. The worst bit was that everyone really wanted him to just get on the stage and sing and he was such a eegit. That said, it was pretty true to form of every Guns n Roses concert.

I also saw Shitney in the O2(got a free ticket), man she was bad.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Music : It was Bob Dylan in the O2, DH told me it would be crap and it was. He just sat there and kind of muttered for a while, then we left.

Comedy it was Jimmy Carr, I think it was in Vicar Street but could be wrong. He just wasn't funny, in fact a lot of the audience left during his act as he seemed to have completely misjudged what would make the Irish etc laugh. It was so disappointing.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:58 pm

leonard cohen tribute concert......actually went out to the car and went to sleep waiting for it to finish and the people I was with to come out

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Clannah wrote:
Madonna at Slane... thought her first song maybe more was mimed...

That was the only concert I was ever at that I thought little off. I was not impressed.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:09 pm

[quote="Missie"]Madonna in Slane , supported by Paul Oakenfold and Iggy Pop, such a disjointed line-up but Madonna was the worst, just incredibly boring.[/quote

This

Was the wrost concert I was ever at, left early, thank god I didn't pay for the tickets

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Whitney in the O2 was dire.(and I loved her)
Radiohead in Marley Park. Im a huge fan but they sucked

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 pm

The Wife wrote:
Whitney in the O2 was dire.(and I loved her)

Dodged that bullet - bought tickets but couldn't go so sold them.

To err is human
To arrh is Pirate

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Obe Wan Kenobi wrote:
Bob Dylan at the Point

Rubbish

Yeah - that was pretty bad.

I also thought Neil Young at the RDS this year was pretty bad - I don't really need to listen to 20 minutes of pointless noodling and feedback. I'm not a fan (DH is), but I thought he was much better a couple years back at the O2.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Ham wrote:
Torbreck wrote:
The Police @ Croke Park.

Boring, boring, boring. They barely said hello or anything else to the audience and they could have been playing on the moon for all we knew.
No charisma or presence.
Dreadful.

Same-it was awful. No atmosphere and loads of self-obsessed guitar solos etc. And I was 34/35 weeks pregnant so really needed some entertaining!

We actually left and went to the bar... It improved significantly after a few pints... They Played "new stuff".. Why?people were thereto hear their old stuff..

Comedy, was eddie Izard in the point November 2003.. Just.not.funny.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Radiohead in Punchestown. I think it was their third gig that I'd attended but the first, and last, since they'd gone totally weird. It was bad.

The Pixies in Lansdowne Road. I love the Pixies but the sound was really, really bad and the bad had aged so much. Kim Deal looked like my mammy in a christmas jumper. I still love them but if I saw them again I'd do what I did at Violent Femmes and just not look at them.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Kingdom of Waves, People's Republic of Wetsuits
I'd really like to know where is everyone getting all those free tickets?

Before I had kids I used go to watch a lot of new bands live. Quite a few of these bands wouldn't be great at all.

The worst concert I was at was Rory Gallagher. He was completely out of it. It was disturbing to witness and also incredibly sad because he died shortly afterwards.

I don't really like concerts where bands are going through the motions of rolling out the old hits year after year, decade after decade. Mind-numbing and depressing. I think the Stones were caricatures of themselves and became really just a bad tribute band.

Private information is practically the source of every large modern fortune - Oscar Wilde

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 pm

I enjoy most gigs and would go to nearly anything for a night out. I don't really understand people complaining that stars don't do the old hits - I personally have more respect for artists who keep producing and performing new music. Worst I was ever at? In 92 I went to Chris de Burgh. I only went as a friend was stuck for someone to go with. I hated it but he put on a decent show I suppose. I found Damien Rice in Marlay Park dismal. He was so into himself and dull, I would sooner have gone to see Chris again, at least I would have had a laugh. So Damien was the worst.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 6  [ 106 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next