Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Author

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I was very dissapointed in last nights episode :-(

I think Wayne was shot by that young fella because Wayne was slagging him for falling when he tried to do the wheelie on his bike .

Fran probably finds it more comfortable with his tooth out than in, hence the reason why it's in and out .

I said it to my ds's too that Siobhan looked pregnant.

Roll on series 5 :-)

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Wayne was killed on Nidge's orders. It was a set up. They happened to use that lad.
Nidge couldn't trust Wayne not to turn on him, he already said that his loyalty is to the money, if fran/anyone offered a higher price he would think twice about biting the hand that fed him,

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 pm

SandyClaws wrote:
Wayne was killed on Nidge's orders.

Yea I missed that in first viewing. I reckon no good could come to Wayne, they have to show a bit of a moralistic view which the young fellas I reckon. That other chap won't last long either. Though he probably won't be seen again as I see the actor is up in court for possession. Is it life imitating art or the other way round?

a million viewers last night,

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 pm

hopefully will get back to a proper night's sleep on a sunday now especially with dermot bannon on instead :lol: what a contrast in tv entertainment

i didn't get why wayne was shot - thought it was for slagging the wee fella doing the wheelies but more deep than that.
couldn't watch the plastic bag scene.

loads of theories for next series though..

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Alexsmum wrote:
i didn't get why wayne was shot - thought it was for slagging the wee fella doing the wheelies but more deep than that.

Wayne's shooting was not a random thing - the friend didn't do it in a fit of anger, he was asked to do it by Nidge. When we saw Nidge and Aido (? or was it Elmo??) speaking and Aido/Elmo says "Are you sure you want to use the young fella?" we obviously thought Nidge had a job organised for Wayne. But, that was just to throw us off - what he meant was "are you sure you want to use the young fella to clip Wayne?".

I think that Nidge was getting revenge for Wayne trying to kill him in the first place... he'd let Wayne off initially, but then realised that he was a complete lose cannon and couldn't be controlled, so he decided to go back to the original plan which was to kill him.

For the people who were not satisfied with the ending last night, can I ask what would you guys have like to see? The delivery of drugs to go as planned, and Nidge and crew to be busted? If so, where would that leave Season 5?
Or what other ending would have satisfied?

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm

I think Wayne was killed because he was the only one who knew nidge tried to clip Patrick. If fran got to find that out from Wayne he would be asking questions as to why and would probably put two and two together

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm

rainbow73 wrote:
I think Wayne was killed because he was the only one who knew nidge tried to clip Patrick. If fran got to find that out from Wayne he would be asking questions as to why and would probably put two and two together

I think that's why he was killed too.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 pm

rainbow73 wrote:

That too.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Lulubop wrote:
For the people who were not satisfied with the ending last night, can I ask what would you guys have like to see? The delivery of drugs to go as planned, and Nidge and crew to be busted? If so, where would that leave Season 5?

Well they were never going to get caught, that was always obvious. I was looking forward to seeing how Nidge would outwit them, was thinking maybe he knew they were on to them, or something would happen with Fran, or the fact that the dentist was gone would affect it somehow, I don't know, something else, I'm not a story writer. Thought the guard saving Tommy was a total cop out.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I liked this series but it was too short so too many stories were left unfinished. Too much time spent on the police too.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 pm

shaddie wrote:
Amber07 wrote:
And the dentist finally got the route canal treatment.

Very good :lol:

Love it :biggrin:

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:
Lulubop wrote:

Well they were never going to get caught, that was always obvious. I was looking forward to seeing how Nidge would outwit them, was thinking maybe he knew they were on to them, or something would happen with Fran, or the fact that the dentist was gone would affect it somehow, I don't know, something else, I'm not a story writer. Thought the guard saving Tommy was a total cop out.

I thought he knew too all along too. I also would have liked for Fran to find out Nidge pipe bombed his house or at least slept with Linda. I really thought that was all going to come out this series.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Next seasons is going to have 12 episodes. They said this is the 1st year they have known that the show will get another series.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Clauds wrote:
Next seasons is going to have 12 episodes. They said this is the 1st year they have known that the show will get another series.

I think that's an awful lot for one person to write on their own, I wonder is he going to get help?

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Clauds wrote:

I took it to mean that it was 12 episodes in total for series 4 & 5.

Stuart Carolan has said that this series was the first one he had written knowing that another series would be going ahead so he didn't feel the need to have the big wow cliffhanger.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Kooky wrote:
Clauds wrote:

I took it to mean that it was 12 episodes in total for series 4 & 5.

Stuart Carolan has said that this series was the first one he had written knowing that another series would be going ahead so he didn't feel the need to have the big wow cliffhanger.

That's how I took it up too.

Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:13 pm

I just finished watching it all last night. I was avoiding everything that mentioned it until today, yay for this thread!

I think the last episode was lining things up for the next season. Nidge mentioned Limerick when that new prostitute came in, so I think that if he goes in to prison he is going to link up with the Limerick crowd. (coola boola!) They seriously need some new big characters, like Fran for next season not just background gimps like Aido etc. PLENTY of those in Limerick, and hopefully they will be nice looking, I miss Darren! (and his sister Mary) Tommy had a look of Brad Pitt about him so he is a big loss!

It's absolutely brilliant. Some really great scenes, especially when Nidge says to Darren early on "I don't care about anyone, nobody except my son, I love Trish but I don't care about her and give a f*ck about anyone " it was a sign of things to come I suppose.

The thing I love/hate most about Love/Hate is that I feel a bit "involved" watching it, like I am in on the crimes.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:44 pm

So ladies what did ye think of tonight's episode?
I much preferred it to episode 1 of season 4. Can't wait to see what happens with Fran and Nidge.
It kind of annoyed me the way it seemed to being going back and forth between Dublin and Spain.

Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:54 pm

It kind of annoyed me the way it seemed to being going back and forth between Dublin and Spain.

Yes me, drove me nuts

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:18 pm

I seem to have forgotten a whole lot of detail from season 4 because I spent the whole episode going "why is Tommy in a coma?", "why did Nidge have the girl clipped?", why is Nidge pissed off with Fran?"........and many more!
Maybe I have early onset dementia......

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 23 of 24  [ 476 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next