Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Author

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 am

Could Nidge have got himself locked up as an alibi for something that was about to go down? Could he have arranged a hit on someone?

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 am

I think he just wanted to show the guards that he didn't give a shit about them - that they hadn't intimidated him or frightened him by bringing him in on the drugs episode.
He pee'd on their milk to totally disrespect them, and he knew he'd only be thrown in a cell for a short time and they'd have to let him go again, so no biggie.

Once he was inside the cell he felt invigorated to be right at the heart of the Gardaí and still 100% in control - the pacing and the chest thumping/scratching was like the All-Blacks doing a Haka, to frighten whoever was watching him and/or to pump himself up in his battle against the guards.

Thought it was a cracking season, a cracking episode and a cracking ending.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:34 am

I presumed he was locked up because he figured out the Gardai were watching out for Tommy the way the ambulance arrived, and then with Siobhan (who I agree looks pregnant) agreeing to give evidence against Nidge.

Don't know how he didn't figure out he was being tailed by the Gardai in the Seat Leon though, they couldn't have made it more obvious if they out sirens on it.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:55 am

Lulubop wrote:
I think he just wanted to show the guards that he didn't give a shit about them - that they hadn't intimidated him or frightened him by bringing him in on the drugs episode.
He pee'd on their milk to totally disrespect them, and he knew he'd only be thrown in a cell for a short time and they'd have to let him go again, so no biggie.

Once he was inside the cell he felt invigorated to be right at the heart of the Gardaí and still 100% in control - the pacing and the chest thumping/scratching was like the All-Blacks doing a Haka, to frighten whoever was watching him and/or to pump himself up in his battle against the guards.

This! Brilliant ending. Nidge is the antichrist, anarchy and all it represents - and he knows it.

He's on top of the world now, but the only way is down now.

Viscous season on so many levels. Fran's menacing presence is in many ways worse than anything Nidge does. DH won't watch it with me. Can't say I blame him.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:03 am

I loved it. Loved the ending with Nidge. An amazing actor. Can't wait for season 5.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 am

Lulubop wrote:

Yes after thinking about it more last night this is what I think too. He is feeling invincible now. His face when he was walking down the corridor with "I am the Antichrist" blasting was classic. He is a super actor.

It was the best episode of the season. I thought the others were a bit here and there. But it did all come together in the end. Looking forward to next time. It will be more of the cops trying to catch him (so anyone that didn't like them this time will be disappointed) and Fran and Nidge going head to head. Fran is so fucking mental it will be edge of the seat stuff wondering what he's going to do next. And we once again end with Tommy in a hospital bed wondering if he will survive or not!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 am

Lulubop wrote:

Yes after thinking about it more last night this is what I think too. He is feeling invincible now. His face when he was walking down the corridor with "I am the Antichrist" blasting was classic. He is a super actor.

It was the best episode of the season. I thought the others were a bit here and there. But it did all come together in the end. Looking forward to next time. It will be more of the cops trying to catch him (so anyone that didn't like them this time will be disappointed) and Fran and Nidge going head to head. Fran is so fucking mental it will be edge of the seat stuff wondering what he's going to do next. And we once again we end with Tommy in a hospital bed wondering if he will survive or not!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 am

spangly_pants wrote:
Lulubop wrote:

It was the best episode of the season. I thought the others were a bit here and there. But it did all come together in the end. Looking forward to next time. It will be more of the cops trying to catch him (so anyone that didn't like them this time will be disappointed) and Fran and Nidge going head to head. Fran is so fucking mental it will be edge of the seat stuff wondering what he's going to do next. And we once again we end with Tommy in a hospital bed wondering if he will survive or not!

Same here - Tom Vaughan-Lawlor's face going down that corridor was really unnerving!

My first little baba, mmc July 2006, never forgotten

http://www.misebandia.wordpress.com - my blog

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:40 am

Phew!... that was brilliant... but I think the ending always leaves people annoyed because they want more and answers to the dangling carrots......

definitley Nidge v Fran next one.... rumour has it they might be heading to the sunshine!!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:41 am

snozberry wrote:
Phew!... that was brilliant... but I think the ending always leaves people annoyed because they want more and answers to the dangling carrots......

definitley Nidge v Fran next one.... rumour has it they might be heading to the sunshine!!

Nidge looked a bit pale all right, bit of sun will do him the world of good :biggrin:

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 am

I think they could have left the ending as a cliffhanger. I really thought it would come out about Nidge pipe bombing Fran's house what with him going after the fella he got the pipe bomb off to begin with.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 am

I was really disappointed with the ending too, I've said before, hate the guards in it and it was all them last night. I was hoping for more of a Nidge vs Fran standoff at the end.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:17 am

I'm a bit confused by the bit with the Wayne and the traveller fella. Don't really get what Wayne did wrong and was expecting Nidge to finish off Patrick.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Interesting analysis from the Bernice Harrison in the Irish Times today
http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/media ... -1.1590910

I think she is right regarding the lack of depth of charchter of the gardai in the show. I suppose it is impossible to get it all into 6 episodes. And yet there was a lot of filler in this last episode.
Still - loved the finale.
Tom Vaughan-Lawlor's ability to contort his face is quite amazing.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Lulubop wrote:

This is what we thought too.

I think the pipe bomb info might come out in the next series, otherwise why would they have shown Patrick again last night. They could have carried on without any reference to him.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Mistie wrote:
I think they could have left the ending as a cliffhanger. I really thought it would come out about Nidge pipe bombing Fran's house what with him going after the fella he got the pipe bomb off to begin with.

I think it was kind of referenced when Fran said to Nidge "what goes around, comes around"

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:58 pm

He's very unscary in real life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq9MtLPF3eY

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Amberjack wrote:
Mistie wrote:

I think it was kind of referenced when Fran said to Nidge "what goes around, comes around"

I thought he said that comment in reference to him being left out of the drug deal by Nidge, like he was going get his own back on him for it, eventually, could be wrong.

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Either way, Fran is out for Nidge's blood, he really has gone crazy

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Rubbish ending. Very disappointing. It's lost its magic for me this series. Hopefully season 5 will be better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 22 of 24  [ 476 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next