Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Author

Post subject: Re: The Fall
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I watch it on BBC and they didn't show any bit of Scotland.

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Must have been one of those urban legends, lol, I watched it on RTE

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 am

Anyone watching the return of The Fall last night? It was a bit anti-climactic I thought and veeery slow, although it did improve towards the end. I hope he didn't hurt that little girl, and I can't see it ending well for her mother. He's hardly going to let her go after their little chat now is he?

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Watched it last night.
Yep, very slow.
It kinda started to pick up a bit by the end, so hope it'll get moving in the next episode.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:15 pm

I just wonder how will they get a series out of it
Sure he has to be caught now!!

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:44 pm

They might drag it on or introduce a new story line somewhere in between to add some sort of action.
Overall though I can't see very much happening anyway.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 pm

Why didn't the babysitter call the cops? ?

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:10 am

I loved it although I admit it was slow but it was so well shot and you just know he going to go after Gillian Anderson at some stage. I think she's amazing in it, so well acted. I would love if they showed some information on what is motivating him though, and the creepy bit in the train when he was suddenly interested in the woman when she said she wasn't really a blond !! Not sure about the thugs threatening the police, it was a bit of a throw-away scene, not really relevant unless to show the difficult circumstances in which normal policing in the north goes on but sure there are thugs in all cities in Ireland and the UK not just Belfast so that was a bit gratuitous. Looking forward to next week.

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Didn't those thugs hassle the killer too when he was in that neck of the woods, maybe it'll be significant later on. Or maybe it's just to show what a hard-ass Gillian is.

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

I loved the episode on Sunday. Def he's targeting detective Gibson. Also wondering how they'll make it last until he's caught. It was so creepy. Can't wait for next episode :)

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:04 am

I think it is not believable. His likeness is on the paper as he points out to girl on a train and asks her does she live alone. Belfast is a tiny city and a number of murders would be a huge thing yet this girl willingly tells a stranger on a train that she lives alone near to the last victim and has dyed her hair...just not credible imo.
Ditto the babysitter...absolutely not credible that she has seen lock of hair in his possession, knows he was unaccounted for the night of a murder, saw him on camera close to one of the victims- yet she doesn't report this?
Then the woman-Rose- I presume he knows the photofit came from her?- surely he would asssume she has also given all her info to the police at the same time and it is pointless to pursue her at this point?(fortunately for him she is only due to give official statement next day!) So he knocks up to her house and gains entry easily. Again very fortunate for him- her hubby is sleeping on the sofa,she is alone in bed and though her child wants her in middle of night- she tells her to go away- my kids never go away!.....
My husband thinks I am over analysing but I find it hard to stay caught up in it- when I keep thinking- no- that just wouldn't really happen....
So not impressed at all this series- don't know if I'll keep watching ...

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 am

I really liked the first series, but I wasn't really impressed by the first episode of the second. I agree that the bit on the train was completely ridiculous. He was so bloody creepy - why on earth would the girl engage with him, and show him her driving license with her full name and address! Insanity. It might have worked if he'd been flirty and charming with her, kind of like "oh, all my friends are telling me this guy looks like me - what do you think?", because I understand we're supposed to see him as hiding behind this good-looking, sensitive, new-man facade. But he was so openly threatening!

Also, the thugs were comic-book. I get that they are supposed to be nationalist paramilitary types from last season, and yeah, they would have a problem with the police - but again, so openly threatening when a SERIAL KILLER is on the loose. And right outside the victim's house! Sure. I wish they would leave out the sectarian stuff entirely if they aren't going to do it properly.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:20 am

Ooh, also - I cannot stand the sergeant in charge, the fellow she had the affair with years ago. I usually like John Lynch as an actor, but find him so mopey and whiny in this. And what's the point of the prostitution ring? Beyond police corruption?

Sorry for double post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 10 of 10  [ 193 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10