Author

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:51 am

Does anyone else use this? I find it amazing.. DD was just crying in her cot and wouldn't stop and I put a bit on her dummy and straight to sleep with her. I also find if she cries during the night it works whereas I would probably end up giving her a feed otherwise. Just wondering if anyone else uses it and what they think as I don't want her getting to dependant on it.. But it really is magic!

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:42 am

My dd loves it too. I usually leave it in her bag incase she gets cranky when we are out so she doesn't get it too often.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:39 am

I have to admit I use it quite a bit, especially at night to get her asleep. I hope it's not doing her any harm.. It is great though. I'd be lost without it.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:09 pm

I have to say I would not use it at all, as my cousin used it on her ds and he was hooked on it and started crying for it all the time so much so every one called him sticky :nervous: , Surely when their teeth are developing it would decay them very quickly. Just my own thoughts on it.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:41 pm

It says there is no sugar in it.. I don't use it all the time but she gets a bit on her dummy every night going to bed and if she is crying or restless during the day..

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:03 pm

can someone xpalin a little more as to what this is please? I have no idea and live in France? :stupid:

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm

But glycerine is sugar isn't it?

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm

Can you please tell me what it is and where can you buy it? Thanks

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:02 pm

MaryE wrote:
But glycerine is sugar isn't it?

Yes It also has many other uses too.
http://www.answers.com/topic/glycerol

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:50 pm

its 30% glycerine and 0.15% aniseed flavouring. my tub says that its sugar free. its a viscous liquid. i think its pretty harmless as well as cheap. you can get it in the pharmacy.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:33 pm

I used this stuff on DS2 aswell and found it great! found that when he was colicky he needed to suck (not a boob or a bottle as it obviously added to the pain) a soother, but he wouldn't take a soother either so was recommended this to put on his soother. He took it and would suck away and get his wind up no problem!

I didn't use it to the extend where he was addicted, it was just when he was very cranky and also to put him to sleep at night.

Claire84 I live in france too and haven't come across it here, (also been to numerous pharmacies and can't get 'tisane feuilles de framboise' anywhere either!) so stocked up on lots of it when I was back in ireland though, great stuff and really really cheap! Also AFAIK it gets milk stains off their tongue?? that's what I was told!

"There's no way of being a perfect parent, but a million ways of being a good one"

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:12 pm

"A syrupy, sweet, colorless or yellowish liquid, C3H8O3, obtained from fats and oils as a byproduct of saponification and used as a solvent, an antifreeze, a plasticizer, and a sweetener and in the manufacture of dynamite, cosmetics, liquid soaps, inks, and lubricants" - from Boe's link!

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:21 am

You can get it in the chemist with all the baby stuff. Its only about 3 euro. It does get the white stuff off their tongue as well.. There is also a camomile lone you can get to soothe the baby. My DD prefers the G&A though..

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:39 pm

When my ds was born I went into a chemist to buy this and the pharmacist more a less ran me out of there when I told her I wanted it for ds!! Anyway I found another chemist that sold it and now get it there ds loves it but I only give him a bit when he is very unsettled not everyday and honestly what harm in all fairness........

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm

I tried the camomile one for DS and everytime i gave it to him he threw up, but i did use it on DD and she loved it helped get her off to sleep when weaning off the night feeds.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:08 pm

I used it on ds1 10 years ago but then it was glycerine and honey, apparently they changed the formula to make it sugar free, it was actually a midwife recommended it to me and the other new mums, said it was a marvel for settling babies when upset and was great for cleaning the tongue and preventing thrush! have to agree that its good for settling them and also most of my friends and sisters used it on thie babies and none ever had thrush so how true it is I dont know! Also they tend to outgrow it when they start walking etc. for some reason! :P

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:00 pm

Well was staying in my mams last night and DD woke screaming at 4 oc clock. She doesn't get a nightfeed and couldn't settle her so put a little bit one her dummy and she immediately stopped crying and fell straight back to sleep! It was like magic.. :biggrin: I don't use it that often cos I don't want her to get that used to it that it has no effect but I would definately recc it to other mums. Boots sell it and most chemists..

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:11 am

I have used this when the girls have a tickly cough - it seems to soothe their throat enough to help them get back to sleep. I had never heard of it being used for any other reason though.

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:48 am

How can you know that this topic is going to work for you and you will love to have it on research papers writing service. If you can have it, then you will know more about it in future.

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:37 pm

You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you تحميل العاب كمبيوتر مجانا