Author

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Kendee wrote:
I love a really good wine but Aldis Toro Loco Tempranillo for e4.99 is hard to beat.

Had that on Saturday as my brother was curious to try it as he lives in Valencia, 'twas nice alright. I also like the Rare Vineyards ones Superquinn have in the steak and wine sale.
I agree with madamemac that a lot are too high in alcohol. I don't like to drink much feeding DS and I don't really like red. Be happy if a recommendation for a nice red that's not too alcoholic.

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Kendee wrote:
I love a really good wine but Aldis Toro Loco Tempranillo for e4.99 is hard to beat.

This is a nice wine and won a big international award along some very expensive wines. After years of extensive testing I love Chianti and spanish wines on the red front. French too, but I find them a little heavy. Lidl is good on the Spanish wine, Joven etc.

On the white front Sauvignon Blanc, generally New Zealand but have come across the odd chilean I liked. From time to time a Pinot Grigio. Hate chenin blanc and chardonnay if it is too buttery.

Fizzy wise, hard to beat prosecco, and a lovely rose from Aldi called Pino Grigio Fizzante. It is only divine, not too sweet and not too dry.

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Pinot girgio, presseco, and cava, are the only whites I can drink .

Im not a huge fan of red wine, I love this one though http://www.obrienswine.ie/Italy/RedWine//20494/

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 pm

White wine has to be Dog point, its a New Zeland wine, red, I can only drink with food so would go for a Faustino spanish red.

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Pepperjack Shiraz atm...also love a good Marlborough Sav blanc :inlove:

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:21 am

Red i LOVE an Australian Merlot, white i like a Marlborough Sav Blanc, or the odd Chillian. hate Chardonnay, to me its just heart burn in a glass. Cant beat a nice prosecco if you are in the mood for bubbles

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 am

Mainly drink French wine. Much prefer the red to any other.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 am

The Malbec they have in Aldi is immense and cheap as well. :-)

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:10 am

I Love Villa Maria Sauvignon blanc .......but it has to be mixed with loads of water and ice :inlove: :inlove:

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:26 pm

o'briens do a lovely white wine called petit beajolais or petit bourjois, it's 15 euro normally but on offer a good bit.
you can't go wrong with any of their wines tbh

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:31 pm

This is the current favourite in our house...http://www.obrienswine.ie/wine/masi-masianco.html
It's too expensive so we only have it for special occasions, the usual wine here is Torres Vina Sol, has been for years. Yum yum yum.
We got some lovely cheese at the ideal homes expo yesterday so gonna enjoy cheese and wine tonight :-)

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm

White wine would be my usual if I'm having wine and it's normally when I go out for a meal, I rarely drink at home. I tend to favour chilean or spanish wines, I don't like french wine. I don't normally drink red wine but recently tried Vina Albali Reserve and liked that so had a couple of glasses, other reds that I'd have a glass of tend to be riojas, Marques de Riscal Vina also a glass of Torres Sangre de Toro.

Has anyone tried the Grifon Prosecco that's on offer in SuperValu at the moment? I want to stock up on bubbly for my 50th birthday so would love recommendations.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Deisemum wrote:
White wine would be my usual if I'm having wine and it's normally when I go out for a meal, I rarely drink at home. I tend to favour chilean or spanish wines, I don't like french wine. I don't normally drink red wine but recently tried Vina Albali Reserve and liked that so had a couple of glasses, other reds that I'd have a glass of tend to be riojas, Marques de Riscal Vina also a glass of Torres Sangre de Toro.

Has anyone tried the Grifon Prosecco that's on offer in SuperValu at the moment? I want to stock up on bubbly for my 50th birthday so would love recommendations.

It is nice enough. Lidl do one for 7euro that would be nicer in my opinion!
Personally my favourite cava/prosecco is one that can only be found tescos in the UK, plaza centro.

Sent using my MagicMum mobile app

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I love Paco and Lola and rare vineyards. Don't like reds at all

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2