Author

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 pm

My choice of wine this week is from France. I am not usually a French wine drinker and this is probably not a great French wine to pick if you love French wines. It reminds me more of an Australian wine. I picked it this week due to the cracking value and I am really enjoying these two wines at the moment. So much so I had to get the empty white from the bottle bin round the side. :lol:

Both wines are from La Croisade 2010 and I got them in Superquinn.

Red: La Croisade Réserve Cabernet-Syrah was €15.99 now €8 if you buy a case (6) it’s a bargain at €38 so €6.33 a bottle. I just really liked this. It was lovely with food and hey lovely without (or with chocolate :lookround: ).

White: La Croisade Réserve Sauvignon Blanc 2010 – it’s a lovely wine that is crisp and dry and fruity. Perfect for our lovely hot summers (or curled up in front of the fire like I was last night!). Same deal as the red, was €15.99 now €8 if you buy a case (6) it’s a bargain at €38 so €6.33 a bottle.

There you go! Bit nervous and I hope you enjoy. If it's awful after the first glass I can't arrange a refund BUT I can arrange collection of the rest of the bottle for those in Dublin (hate to see it go to waste :biggrin: ).

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 pm

32 views and no replies :huh: I posted this nearly an hour ago. I'd have thought you'd have been to Superquinn, opened it in the car, drank it on the school run and posted from your Iphone.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Everyone has had the two bottles and are too inebriated to post :biggrin:

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Lightweights :rolleyes:

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Kendee wrote:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

4LM - we have no superquinn so do you know does anywhere else sell them? Did a search on O'Briens and Tescos and they don't have it. Great that you arrange a collection of any unfinished bottles!!!!

I miss our superquinn - think I'll have to do an online shop just to get the wine!

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Gona give this weeks wines a miss. My local supermarket are giving great value on their wines at the moment, so i`v stocked up. :blush:
If I come home with anymore wine dh will book me into rehab :shocked:

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Clauds wrote:
Kendee wrote:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

4LM - we have no superquinn so do you know does anywhere else sell them? Did a search on O'Briens and Tescos and they don't have it. Great that you arrange a collection of any unfinished bottles!!!!

I miss our superquinn - think I'll have to do an online shop just to get the wine!
I don't know to be honest. Tesco is farther away for me so Superquinn is handiest. Sorry just typical of me to pick a wine you can't get.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

OK, going to see can I get my sister to get either or both of these wines today.

Feel bad for not tasting them :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:16 pm

4LM - had the white wine yesterday evening and in the words of my sister it was 'yummy yummy yummy' :biggrin:

Absolutely gorgeous, very different from NZ sauvignon blancs. Such a shame we don't have a superquinn as I would be stocking up on this. We couldn't get the red wine but thoroughly enjoyed the white. Next time I do an online order I will be ordering quiet a few of bottles of the white!

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm

mollie01 wrote:
Gona give this weeks wines a miss. My local supermarket are giving great value on their wines at the moment, so i`v stocked up. :blush:
If I come home with anymore wine dh will book me into rehab :shocked:

Which supermarket is that? 4LM am definitely going to stock up, will buy 6 of each. Well, it would be a shame to miss a bargain! :blush:

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:17 am

Glad you enjoyed it Clauds. Fourarms it was in Superquinn not sure if it's there this week. They usually have it.

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Got a case of each in SQ last week, but got the chardonnay by mistake! :bomb: I don't like chardonnay! Love the red though, am having a glass at the moment. :inlove: Have about 4 bottles of the white left, i wonder could i exchange them?

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 pm

have tried the white before and yes its a lovely, missed that special offer as away on hoildays but anytime I see the la croisade on special I buy it the rose is very nice too.

trying to catch up on all the wine club wines this month needs must and all that.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 am

I didn't know there was a Rose in it. I must keep and eye out. :bigups: