Author

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Was having fish for dinner today so cracked open the white. Very nice. Had that lovely citrusy zing that I felt was lacking in the Spy Mountain. Clauds - I know you said you're an Astrolabe fan and this is much closer to what you'd get with Astrolabe.

Didn't get to Tesco today, but hope to pick up the red tomorrow.

DS1 - July '03
DS2 - June '06

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities." (Mark Twain)

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 am

Dede - must get myself a bottle of the white then! In my tescos they only had the oceans edge chardonnay last week - will check tomorrow for the sav blanc. Thanks for the tip and remembering that I love astrolabe, I must rave on about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Ohhh, oceans edge sav blanc is lovely... One of the nicest sav blancs i've had. Have a feeling i'll be very happy in half an hour :biggrin:

Lovely and light and not too fruity. I had it with birds eye crispy chicken, beer battered onion rings and chips - the classy bird that I am :biggrin: DH is at the match tonight so a junk food night tonight! Going to crack open the hoola hoops now, this wine would not go with skips

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Drank the whole white bottle by myself so that will tell you how nice it was. I will be getting this brand of wine again so thanks for the recommendation. It went very well with a snack box :chef:

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Me too Horsey :blush: Drank mine with birds eye crispy chicken and oven chips. Went very well with it!

And I must add this wine wasn't too strong and I felt ok this morning - always a plus :thumbsup:

Will definitely stock up on this, it was so good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2