Author

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

My first is a white wine, Sauv Blanc which is gorgeous and on offer in Tescos right now for 8E reduced from 15.99 :D Eat with fish or chicken or on it's own :D Very drinkable and fresh, needs a bit of time in the fridge but do not leave it too long!
My second is a red Reserve saint Clair Puisseguin St-Emilion I picked this for two reasons firstly because it is lovely and secondly because it is half price this week at 10E instead of 20!! This is a gorgeous full bodied glass of red, word of warning though don't drink it straight after opening it needs a few mins! preferably put it into a decanter otherwise just take out the cork a half hour before drinking!
Hope you enjoy both or either of them :D

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Always looking at the Oceans Edge but never tried it.

Where is the Reserve Saint Clair on special offer? I love a St-Emilion wine. Been a while since I've had a bottle. That's a steal - reduced from €20 to €10. If it's in Tescos I'll pick up a bottle tonight :biggrin:

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 pm

In Tesco Clauds, it is a bargain i always grab a bottle or two when it is on offer!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Going to pick up a bottle of the red tonight on my way to pilates. Hoping to sample it on the way home from pilates - will have a cork screw and glass in the car :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:01 am

Got the Reserve saint Clair Puisseguin St-Emilion tonight. Didn't get a chance to sample it as DH brought home a bottle of wine so he had opened that by the time I got home from pilates. I'll have the wine on Sat night (babysitting on friday night so I'm having my friday night wine tonight!)

Our Tescos has the oceans edge chardonnay on special. Didn't see the sav blanc - will have a better look next week

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Has anyone tried either of the wines yet? Would love to know what you think?

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Nivs, I'll report back Sat night!

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Both wines sound nice Nivs :thumbsup:
I think Iv had the Oceans Edge, sounds familiar. Haven't had the red but sounds like my kinda wine.
Looking forward to trying both :thumbsup:

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:17 pm

OMG I can't believe I'm behind in a wine drinking club :lol: brilliant! These ones sound right up my street. I'll get to tesco tommorrow and pick them up. Tesco should really be sponsoring the club at this rate! I'm drinking a goreous 'special offer' red at the moment, but I'll keep it under my hat til its my turn.
I must pay more attention in class x 100 lines :)

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Nivs - have the red breathing and DH is just about to put the kids to bed so I can't wait to get stuck in :biggrin:

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm behind but will pick these up while on offer and drink during the week. :bigups:

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Hope you enjoy them girls, was out last night so no wine for me tonight!!

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Feck, that red wine is good!! Really my type of wine. DH wasn't mad on it, he said it has a bitter after taste. But for me that's what I love - I love a wine like that. I love 70% dark chocolate so the wine reminded me of that cocoaish aftertaste.

Really full bodied and a great lingering taste. I let it breath for an hour before drinking, I wouldn't think it would taste as good if you drank it straight after opening it. And it needs to be 'warm'. Left it by the fire for a few minutes -not to heat it up or anything but to make sure it wasn't cold as you couldn't drink this wine cold! Does that make sense.

So anyways big thumbs up on the red and I think it was a steal at €10. Will buy a bottle or 2 of this - DH going to the Ireland match next Saturday so I know what I'll be drinking that evening :biggrin:

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Omg havent even tried week 2 yet! Must catch up!

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Picked these up today and DH had already bought a bottle of the red during the week (I don't do the food shop he does). There are great bargains in the wine altogether if you buy six bottles there is another 25% off on top of the discount already given.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Clauds wrote:
Feck, that red wine is good!! Really my type of wine. DH wasn't mad on it, he said it has a bitter after taste. But for me that's what I love - I love a wine like that. I love 70% dark chocolate so the wine reminded me of that cocoaish aftertaste.

Really full bodied and a great lingering taste. I let it breath for an hour before drinking, I wouldn't think it would taste as good if you drank it straight after opening it. And it needs to be 'warm'. Left it by the fire for a few minutes -not to heat it up or anything but to make sure it wasn't cold as you couldn't drink this wine cold! Does that make sense.

So anyways big thumbs up on the red and I think it was a steal at €10. Will buy a bottle or 2 of this - DH going to the Ireland match next Saturday so I know what I'll be drinking that evening :biggrin:

Delighted you liked it, you are spot on it really does need time to breathe but when it has that time it is a fab bottle of wine! I will have to pick up a few more bottles myself :D

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:32 pm

bit behind myself was sick last week and drank nothing. I did buy the red as at half price you could not leave it behind, got one of the last bottles in the local tescos. Might buy the white tonight and then play catch up over the weekend.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Have the white (as yet unopened), but disappointed that I haven't managed to get the red because I love St. Emilion. Will try Tesco again tomorrow.

DS1 - July '03
DS2 - June '06

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities." (Mark Twain)

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Going to Tesco today. Hope they still have these wines on offer.
Sick last week so no wine drinking for me :(
Cant wait to try the red, sounds just as I like it :thumbsup:

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I started on the red last night and i loved it .Looking forward to finishing it tonight as it is yum .