Author

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Sweet devine I missed this review. Better get my skates on. I've tasted the red before but not the white. Will give it a shot.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:34 pm

jaysus sorry only seein this one now - tried the white last time so will try the red this weekend.....love rioja - will post back...mind you am sitting here with a glass of red wine in front of me at the minute - prob love my red too much

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 am

Had the rioja with a roast lamb dinner on Wednesday and it was lovely. Haven't had a rioja in a while so wasn't sure how it would be. It worked really well with the food - not sure how it would be on it's own, but if it stays reduced, I might give it a go some evening and see :biggrin:

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm having a glass of the Rioja while the dinner is in the oven (me nerves are wrecked after having to cook!). It's really lovely actually. Have the white ear marked for tomorrow as we are having chicken. I'm very dedicated me. :biggrin:

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Had some of the Rioja last night. Have been drinking more Temperanillo than Rioja in recent times and I'd forgotten how nice and oaky Rioja is. Very pleasant and really easy to drink - went down a bit too easy for a school night. ;) Would deffo buy this again as an everyday drinker. Thumbs up from DH too. :thumbsup:

DS1 - July '03
DS2 - June '06

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities." (Mark Twain)

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Totally forgot to review!

I liked the Castillo de San Lorenza, very light and easy to drink. I like a more robust wine with food but this was lovely as a Friday night tipple while catching up on my Sky+.

Just having a glass of the white now, not too impressed, it's not as sharp as some chardonnay and not as 'oakey' which is good but it lacks any major impact.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Forgot to review also . Enjoyed the red it was light enough and easy to drink a bit too easy :biggrin: I dont drink much white so did not try that but enjoyed the red.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2