Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Author

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Kendee, personally I'd go with hoola hoops (original flavour) with the red ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:51 pm

well had the oyster bay spy mountain last saturday - dh didnt like it, which meant I drank most of the bottle to myself. It was nice, would drink again but wouldnt be my favourite wine by a long shot. But drinkable and fruity.
Pinot Noir now - that was lovely, really enjoyed it, and would be a bit hit in this house

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 pm

just back from my local tescos and they are all sold out of the red :eh: I must live beside a load of red wine drinking magicmums will we have a meet up. :lookround:

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:26 pm

horsey wrote:
just back from my local tescos and they are all sold out of the red :eh: I must live beside a load of red wine drinking magicmums will we have a meet up. :lookround:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:09 pm

horsey wrote:

They must be scratching their heads at Tesco HQ wondering why there's been a sudden increase in sales of certain wines. Maybe they'd sponsor a meet-up. :lol:

DS1 - July '03
DS2 - June '06

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities." (Mark Twain)

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Ouch Squeak! A broken toe is supposed to be very painful. Hope you manage to hobble to get yourself a glass, for medicinal purposes of course!

Just having a glass of the Oyster Bay now, it's very light, very much a summer red imho or a great light one for an introduction to red wine.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:42 pm

that's it kendee it was going to be my way to introduce red to the other half. We are drinking a rose instead.

squeak sorry to hear about the sore toe also heard its very painful. If you do get yourself a glass make sure you take the bottle no pint hobbling back for a second. :)

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Ah squeak, sorry to hear about your broken toe. Hope you were able to get a glass of red! I would have rang someone and got them to come over and pour you a glass!!

Have to say I really liked the pinot noir, I didn't think I would as I like earthy red wines. It had such a great taste for a light wine and really lovely flavours. DH loved it too. Downside - it doesn't go with tayto snax :lol: :lol: :lol: Definitely goes with original hoola hoops but not snaxs!

On what foods it would go well with - I think it would be lovely with a chorizo based dish. Think it would compliment the spicyness of the chorizo. Could just imagine having the pinot noir with the mm fish with chorizo crust or the pasta in the chorizo/creamy/tomatoe sauce.

So I'm delighted with my wines of choice - I loved both of them and will definitely buy them again.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:22 pm

I've been asking DH to pick up a bottle of the 1st red & white for a while now but we never seem to time our visit to the shops when the off license is open.

I'll try and get there tonight or tomorrow and I'll be buying more than the first ones as I'm just after seeing were are on selection No 2 already :biggrin:

Having looked at the sign up listing, I think it'll be 2012 before I get to pick (not complaining, just observing) based on the two weeks between selections.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm

I just spotted these in the wholesaler and had to share this
It's a bottle stopper for if you don't finish your bottle of wine.
Just pop the cap on top and flick over the switch and it seals the bottle until you use it again
I thought it was ingenious and simple and only Eur3
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 45&theater

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm

So! I am finally able to give some feedback! We tried the Spy Mountain white at the weekend. It is very fruity & dh thought it was too acidic. I found it a little too much on the fruity side for me, but having said that we drank it all :rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't rush to buy it again bti didn't dislike it - we scored it about 3/5.

Must get the red this weekend!

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi ladies,
Got to try the red at the weekend and have to say I'm not a fan. I do like light reds from time to time (like Beaujolais) but really didn't take to this one. Glad to have tried something new though. I'm not familiar with Pinot Noir. My friend and I had a glass and then moved on to a trusted favourite; a Rioja. the pinot seemed nicer to us at that stage :lol:

Roll on the next wine!

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Kittenheels - did you try last weeks recommendation of the rioja?

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 am

Oh, god I missed hat one, thanks Clauds. Sure, I keep on writing 2010 on things still. I'll get on to those this weekend, purely for research purposes :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 7  [ 134 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7