Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Author

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 am

sadie wrote:
As said previously, if you think the most important issue that you can hark on about is the rights or wrongs of whether someone has viewed the actual photos or not... Then you are missing the point.

Oh please - just because some of us think there is no need for grown women to view the photos doesn't mean we've missed the point of all the discussions. It is perfectly possible for the absolutely awfulness of this scenario and the realities of what this means to rearing children in today's environment to have sunk in and for people to think viewing the photos is wrong. They are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 am

sadie wrote:
As said previously, if you think the most important issue that you can hark on about is the rights or wrongs of whether someone has viewed the actual photos or not... Then you are missing the point.

Oh I get the point, I've read enough to 'get the point' . . . but I think LuckyMum also has a very valid question which will, most likely, remain unanswered. And the reason that question will go unanswered is simple . . . . viewing those images will NOT keep any child safe, nor will it make any person parent differently, either now or in the future.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 am

It's the seven odd pages rehashing the same crap that makes me think the point is being missed... The only point should be...Make sure that your daughter or son is equipped to deal with the situation should it arise in the future.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:36 am

sadie wrote:
It's the seven odd pages rehashing the same crap that makes me think the point is being missed... The only point should be...Make sure that your daughter or son is equipped to deal with the situation should it arise in the future.

We can do our best as parents to educate our children but we cannot 'make sure' of anything. What we can control is our personal contribution to an appalling ordeal for any other individual.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:41 am

Bilberry wrote:
sadie wrote:

We can do our best as parents to educate our children but we cannot 'make sure' of anything. What we can control is our personal contribution to an appalling ordeal for any other individual.

+1

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am

News story about an interesting campaign in Scotland, which strengthened legislation and uses positive messages to promote decent behaviour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-26489456

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

That is positive.

Now if we could manage the drink culture im sure most of these problems would disappear but that doesnt seem to be an option.

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Kissyfur wrote:
That is positive.

Now if we could manage the drink culture im sure most of these problems would disappear but that doesnt seem to be an option.

I can't tell you how much I agree with you Kissyfur. The older I get the more damage I see caused by peoples relationships with alcohol.

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Kingdom of Waves, People's Republic of Wetsuits
Kissyfur wrote:
That is positive.

Huge +1

Private information is practically the source of every large modern fortune - Oscar Wilde

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 pm

The Internet is developing very quickly. Technology is everywhere now. They make life easier, but also make it difficult at the same time. I think that our children are in great danger, because there are many such sites Firecams Girls on the Internet. I don't want my son to do this. You understand me?

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 am

I agree that this is a very important topic!
We can not keep social media from our children... It is part of their growing up and culture these days. We can only educate them to know how to react if someone is acting suspiciously.

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

If you do marketing, then there is a good solution for you, it's a tool for your bulk email. Just relax and enjoy the Atomic programs work for email marketing. Here is a quite simple installation guide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 19 of 19  [ 372 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19