Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Author

Message

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:23 am
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Oct 2006
Posts
9601
Location
just moved west of the shannon
sadie wrote:
As said previously, if you think the most important issue that you can hark on about is the rights or wrongs of whether someone has viewed the actual photos or not... Then you are missing the point.


Oh please - just because some of us think there is no need for grown women to view the photos doesn't mean we've missed the point of all the discussions. It is perfectly possible for the absolutely awfulness of this scenario and the realities of what this means to rearing children in today's environment to have sunk in and for people to think viewing the photos is wrong. They are not mutually exclusive concepts.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 am
Offline

Joined
Jan 2006
Posts
8369
Location
Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom
sadie wrote:
As said previously, if you think the most important issue that you can hark on about is the rights or wrongs of whether someone has viewed the actual photos or not... Then you are missing the point.


Oh I get the point, I've read enough to 'get the point' . . . but I think LuckyMum also has a very valid question which will, most likely, remain unanswered. And the reason that question will go unanswered is simple . . . . viewing those images will NOT keep any child safe, nor will it make any person parent differently, either now or in the future.

_________________
George S. Patton Jr. ~ "Better to fight for something than live for nothing."


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 am
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Aug 2005
Posts
10610
It's the seven odd pages rehashing the same crap that makes me think the point is being missed... The only point should be...Make sure that your daughter or son is equipped to deal with the situation should it arise in the future.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:36 am
Offline

Joined
Jun 2011
Posts
103
sadie wrote:
It's the seven odd pages rehashing the same crap that makes me think the point is being missed... The only point should be...Make sure that your daughter or son is equipped to deal with the situation should it arise in the future.


We can do our best as parents to educate our children but we cannot 'make sure' of anything. What we can control is our personal contribution to an appalling ordeal for any other individual.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:41 am
Offline

Joined
Jan 2006
Posts
8369
Location
Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom
Bilberry wrote:
sadie wrote:
It's the seven odd pages rehashing the same crap that makes me think the point is being missed... The only point should be...Make sure that your daughter or son is equipped to deal with the situation should it arise in the future.


We can do our best as parents to educate our children but we cannot 'make sure' of anything. What we can control is our personal contribution to an appalling ordeal for any other individual.


+1

_________________
George S. Patton Jr. ~ "Better to fight for something than live for nothing."


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 am
Offline
User avatar

Joined
Jul 2004
Posts
5784
News story about an interesting campaign in Scotland, which strengthened legislation and uses positive messages to promote decent behaviour:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-26489456

_________________
"...weigh books on a scale and award letter grades for reading done by the pound."
- Prof. Arthur Gold, then Chair of English at Wellesley, MA
See: http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/rah- ... #parentjob


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm
Offline

Joined
Jan 2013
Posts
3103
That is positive.

Now if we could manage the drink culture im sure most of these problems would disappear but that doesnt seem to be an option.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:02 pm
Offline

Joined
Apr 2007
Posts
9276
Kissyfur wrote:
That is positive.

Now if we could manage the drink culture im sure most of these problems would disappear but that doesnt seem to be an option.



I can't tell you how much I agree with you Kissyfur. The older I get the more damage I see caused by peoples relationships with alcohol.

_________________
Acceptance does not mean to sit back and do nothing. It is to see things clearly, recognising when action is necessary and when it is not.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:49 pm
Offline

Joined
Nov 2005
Posts
5688
Location
Kingdom of Waves, People's Republic of Wetsuits
Kissyfur wrote:
That is positive.

Now if we could manage the drink culture im sure most of these problems would disappear but that doesnt seem to be an option.


Huge +1

_________________
DD1 (10), DD2 (9), DS (7)

Private information is practically the source of every large modern fortune - Oscar Wilde


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 pm
Offline

Joined
Jun 2018
Posts
48
The Internet is developing very quickly. Technology is everywhere now. They make life easier, but also make it difficult at the same time. I think that our children are in great danger, because there are many such sites Firecams Girls on the Internet. I don't want my son to do this. You understand me?


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 am
Offline

Joined
Apr 2018
Posts
28
I agree that this is a very important topic!
We can not keep social media from our children... It is part of their growing up and culture these days. We can only educate them to know how to react if someone is acting suspiciously.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm
Offline

Joined
Nov 2018
Posts
38
If you do marketing, then there is a good solution for you, it's a tool for your bulk email. Just relax and enjoy the Atomic programs work for email marketing. Here is a quite simple installation guide.


Top
Profile
Reply with quote

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 19 of 19  [ 372 posts ] Go to page Previous   1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum