Author

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:19 pm

EmsterP wrote:
Posher - you brought a P&T back last year, I seem to recall seeing . Was it the Vibe? Just wondering from your last 'ominous' sentence.

Okay here's the drill.

I sold my P&T Sport to buy a Vibe from Los Angeles before they were released here. I had the Sport about 14 months and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I sold it because I preferred the good looks of the Vibe. I had the Vibe approx eh 2 hours and I acknowledged I HATED it. Although in theory it is lighter, it is so much heavier to steer. That was my main problem. Well that and the fact the brake is in a crap place and you can't access the shopping basket easily. And it is HUGE compared to the Sport. Practical use over good looks won in my case.

I sold the Vibe two days after I got it (lucky me) and bough another Sport (PINK this time). Seriously I can't emphasise enough how much the Vibe is not worth the extra money. If you've never had the Sport in some ways you won't know any difference. But the Sport is ssssooooo much lighter to steer. I still have my pink Sport and my heavy nearly 5 year old and my chatty nearly 3 year old fit in it VERY comfortably.

PM me or do a search here under Baby Products for more detailed (no holding anything back) feedback from me. :lol:

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Posher wrote:

The Classic is just a bit more basic than the Sport like the way the Quest is a bit more basic than the Techno. Honestly the only real difference I can see is it doesn't have the recline on the toddler seat which is useless anway once they reach about 10 or 12 months. They're too tall for it. If I was buying new for toddlers I'd get the Classic. :D

Thanks, and hope I'm not hyjacking the post here - I'll (hopefully!) have a newborn in the new buggy I buy so it might be worthwhile getting a sport for the recline function as you mention as babies do flop forward a lot in the E3 back seat.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:34 pm

That is interesting posher, I do know no different, and yes I will admit I bought very much based on looks. But, I am very happy with it considering I hate the idea of it. I just want to get back to using my Bugaboo again :cry:

They have a little baby sister

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Gypsy wrote:
That is interesting posher, I do know no different, and yes I will admit I bought very much based on looks. But, I am very happy with it considering I hate the idea of it. I just want to get back to using my Bugaboo again :cry:

Ah Gypsy we're suckers for good lucks. There is absolutely no denying the Vibe is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better looking than the Sport. I was flipping gutted it steered so badly. But as I said if you never had a Sport you wouldn't know any different.

If I go again (fuck did I just write that) I am going to buy a second hand Bugaboo.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Posher wrote:
Gypsy wrote:

Ah Gypsy we're suckers for good lucks. There is absolutely no denying the Vibe is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better looking than the Sport. I was flipping gutted it steered so badly. But as I said if you never had a Sport you wouldn't know any different.

If I go again (fuck did I just write that) I am going to buy a second hand Bugaboo.

Luckily for me my Bugaboo is sitting at home in the living room just waiting for one boy to be big enough to go on a buggy board, I adore it, you can steer it with one finger. I will admit the Vibe needs an army to steer it :lol:

My issue is that if I go again, I will have to use the Vibe again because I don't have time on my side :Jumpy:

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Gypsy wrote:
Posher wrote:
Gypsy wrote:

Luckily for me my Bugaboo is sitting at home in the living room just waiting for one boy to be big enough to go on a buggy board, I adore it, you can steer it with one finger. I will admit the Vibe needs an army to steer it :lol:

My issue is that if I go again, I will have to use the Vibe again because I don't have time on my side :Jumpy:

I don't have much time on my side either. Especially considering my nearly 5 year old is showing signs of being lazy enough to be in a buggy until she's 10. So I may never experience the use of a Bugaboo. :sly: On the other hand my 3 year old will be driving a Formula 1 racing car by then!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:52 am

Ok I'll throw a spanner in the works here :lookround: :lol:

Have you looked at the lovencare europa? http://www.toys.ie/Europa-Buggy-!G06586 ... 53893eaa87

I firstly had a sport lasted 1 week hated it, later got a vibe loved it but found it was harder to push but loved the fact it folded with the doubles seat on it and the break.

Now I've picked up a lovencare Europa and I absolutely love it so easy to push feels lighted to lift folds really compact and loads of room in the under seat, handle height is higher than the P&T so no kicking the under seat highly recommend it only draw back are the colours not as funky as the P&T's but sure a nice liner does the job. :bigups:

Mum of 4 little Angels.
"Heartbreak is life educating us".

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Jeepers Posher - my eyes are almost wrecked from that tiny font!

Did you actually write it?

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks for all the feedback girls..Must admit I am none the wiser still!!! Back and forth btw the sport and the vibe...Arrghhhhhh

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:04 pm

I Have sport about 7 months now and love it although brake is a pain and linda dangerous to me as dont tend to put t on when I should from pure laziness... if doing t again would get Dash, brake is in better position and padded seats would be a small bonus... for an extra 30 euro, Dash would be so worth it...now if it was 100 euro dearer I wouldnt bother...

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:50 pm

I have the dash, it's the only p and t I've had so I can't compare.

Thew woman in the shop said she would go for the vibe as the material is better quality - wont rip or tear easily and is washable.

I wish I had bought the baby sleeping bags for it, not sure if I'll bother now, they'll be too big for them next year.
All good really -

Positives:
Easy to push
Never topples over
Made very well
Looks cool
Raincover is pretty good
Comfy as they sleep in it.
Slimline and fits everywhere

Even though I'm pointing out alot of negatives the positives outway the negs!!!!

Negative -
the break is a pain as you need 2 hands to put it on - what if you have a baby in your arms.
Basket is difficult to access.
There is very little space to get the child into and out of the lower seat.
I wonder how long it'll be before ds2 grows out of the lower seat.
It is kinda cumbersome - I wouldn't like to bring it on hols.Cumbersome when folded but perfect when up.
Handle is not high enough
When the baby in the back seat gets taller their feet will fall into the basket.

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 am

Still loving the Sport here if that's any use to you!

Disliked the Vibe big time in the shop and when I put the Sport and the Dash side by side I liked the Sport better - even found the brake on the Dash was no easier than the Sport (aside from it being on the handlebar, it's a knack on the Sport that you get very quickly!)

Anyway, I can HIGHLY recommend the Sport, love love love it, so much so I'm seriously thinking of selling the Bugaboo :shocked: once A is out of the pram for naps... but we'll see lol ;)

My blog: http://domesticengineer.me

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 pm

I like both sports as well as rugby and NFL. But it is very traumatic sports. therefore he will not be engaged in it. My son got injured playing rugby with friends. It was a big panic. It’s good that we found a Posture Correctors for kids that helped quickly restore it. But now we are watching his game and do not give to play rugby.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2