Author

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Has anyone ever used pest control to get rid of mice. I just freak out when I hear or have to look at a trap. Dh is away for next two weeks. My parents live an hour away so can't really ask them to come to set a few traps. I know I am being pathetic! I should really grow a pair of balls. Anyway are pc companies effective

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Sorry, I cant help but I am terrified of them getting in because I would then have to move out! :lol:

Have you any idea how they are actually getting in? You would need to figure this out too because you could pay to get rid of them and have more in their place before you know it!

Good Luck!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Plug in thingy worked for us. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 205286.htm

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Have found n blocked their entrance. I have plug in thing, I'll plug it in. Thanks :-) moved out last week for a few nights. Its getting ridiculous that can't live in house with them. I know I am being irrational!

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Hope the plug in thing works for you. We have a cat but she couldn't get the mice as they were behind the wall/skirting boards. We left it plugged in for ages and we haven't had them back.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I will only set brand new traps that have not caught a mouse. I get DH to chuck the trap and mouse when one is caught.

You can get prebaited traps in Woodies, and ones that you can set easier than the traditional wooden ones. would you be able to set those do you think? When you catch it you will be so relieved! Chuck the whole thing out, trap and all.

Good luck, I hate mice.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Rentokil

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Did U find Rentokil good? What do they do?

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:00 pm

I found the plug in thing did not work for me, I already had mice, I don't think it worked to keep them away when I got rid of them. I found rentokil fairly hopeless too, they put down poison all around the house and came back a couple of times but no mouse had touched the poison. We had already caught one mouse in a trap when I called them though so maybe it was too late.

I did have another PC company out about 6 years ago and they were very good, set traps with chocolate spread, did a survey of the whole exterior of the house and showed me where they were getting in (size of a pencil) and how to block up holes, put wire over air vents if low down etc. Can't remember their name though - sorry! They came back a couple of times too and disposed of the dead mice but that time I had a big mouse problem (22 mice in a city house!). I much prefer traps as you know you have caught them and you can get rid of them but in fairness I get DH or DS to set them!

I think it's an on-going battle I have to wage against mice.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:43 pm

I didn't use them myself but they were on the radio the other morning and the fella seemed to know what he was talking about.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Traps are cheap and so is the poison , as much as I hate mice I've gotten so annoyed that they had gotten in that I was determined to get rid of them and the determination over took my fear, I put down traps and laced the food with poison, they were somehow managing to eat the food and not setting the traps off, so the poison got them instead :bigups:

Oh and the electronic plug ins didn't work here, I had a few plugged in and I still saw a mouse run across my bedroom floor :crazy: ( I caught him the next day )

Oh and block any holes with tin foil, they don't like it so won't chew it

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Rentokil are going to cost you a lot more than a few mouse traps. We live near a grain farm so they are kind of a fact of life here come November every year, we always get three or four. I don't find the pre-baited ones good at all so I always knock the bait out of them and spread them with peanut butter instead. Could you invest in a few and a shovel to pick them up with when you catch one and as somebody else said, just throw the whole lot in the bin? It would be a lot cheaper than Rentokil. I don't mind them now but am terrified of rats so know where you are coming from, if it was them, I'd just leave the house to them! I wouldn't use poison inside as they can die under floorboards and the smell is horrific as they decompose.

Hope that helps!

E

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:51 pm

We got guys out before we started work on the house and they found all the places they'd been getting in and laid poison (not traps). They were expensive but worth it, imo. They said whatever poison they laid meant the mice would just turn to dust when they decomposed and not leave that smell, but I don't know how true that is. They said those plug-in things don't work. They went up into the attic and all around the garden and checked everywhere. They do a follow-up check if you want it for an extra eur70, but we didn't bother with that.

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 pm

geansai wrote:
Has anyone ever used pest control to get rid of mice. I just freak out when I hear or have to look at a trap. Dh is away for next two weeks. My parents live an hour away so can't really ask them to come to set a few traps. I know I am being pathetic! I should really grow a pair of balls. Anyway are pc companies effective

Hello there,
I've used Pest Inspection Sydney Service, they provide effective and individually tailored treatments to eliminate mice in your home or business. Their BPCA certified technicians are experienced and knowledgeable, providing targeted solutions that are the most suitable for your specific mouse problem and location.
Thanks