Author

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 am

My baby is now 10 weeks having been born @ 30 weeks . He spent 5 weeks in NICU & was getting my EBM (expressed breast milk ) for the duration . I am now exclusively breastfeeding at home . In the last 3 weeks he has started to become extremely gassy .. stomach sounds & gurgling noises ..it's like spasms of pain causing him to wake from his sleep & passes lots of painful wind when picked up . He has no problem getting up wind (burps) during breastfeeding but this comes on during the day & can last throughout the evening .. he's gaining weight & no issue with bowel movements . His latch on seems fine & ive been watching my diet over the last 2/3 weeks & cut out certain foods to see if this is whats causing the pains .. I've tried infacol but didn't seem to work & now I'm using the colief drops for 2/3 days .. I've noticed a slight improvement but pains are still waking him up & once he's picked up to be comforted the stomach rumbling & passing of gas starts . It's painful for him to pass the wind at times it's like he's constipated & forcing but eventually he gets it out . I do some baby massage on his tummy & bicycle excercises to get wind moving .any mothers on here experience anything similar to this? At this point I'm not sure if it's something I'm eating or could it be a premature baby issue ?
He had no symptoms of this excessive wind pain for the first 7 weeks . . Any help or advice greatly
Appreciated !