Author

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Slow news day. If the family can afford it then that's their business how they spend their money.

Even if I'm playing a superhero, it has to be steeped in reality.
Michael Fassbender

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:18 pm

OffBelay wrote:
Frankly, I'm wondering if this really happened at all, or if it's just lazy journalism.

Just a further attempt by the media to demoralise public servants....So, what's the moral of the story?!? - teachers can afford to take pay cuts because they get pressies like this?!? :sneaky: :sneaky:
As the talks have broken down, there's nothing further for them to report so they concoct something farfetched like this!!

Many of my friends/family are teachers and they've never received anything like that. Candles etc. are the norm and I've heard some say that they would prefer not to get gifts as they feel embarrassed.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

the phrase "more money than sense" springs to mind immediately.

In the name of God......... people are really thick. Competitive mummy syndrome methinks.

R

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm

Dazed&Confused wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked by this at all. Of course it's OTT but I wouldn't assume the parents were trying to "achieve anything" by it, it's probably just the normal amount they'd spend on presents, I know a few families like that, they just wouldn't have a clue that it wasn't appropriate.

My take on this too - I have received "token gifts" from clients before that made me cringe they were so OTT.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 am

lunasa10 wrote:
OffBelay wrote:
Frankly, I'm wondering if this really happened at all, or if it's just lazy journalism.

Just a further attempt by the media to demoralise public servants....So, what's the moral of the story?!? - teachers can afford to take pay cuts because they get pressies like this?!? :sneaky: :sneaky:

As the talks have broken down, there's nothing further for them to report so they concoct something farfetched like
Corporate Gift Baskets Many of my friends/family are teachers and they've never received anything like that. Candles etc. are the norm and I've heard some say that they would prefer not to get gifts as they feel embarrassed.

Hello,
I am Looking for some affordable gifts for Christmas but I don't know which type of gifts are good for employees.
So can you please suggest me any idea about Christmas gifts for employees??
Thanks in Advance

Post subject: Re: .
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:08 pm

gifts for Christmas on July? Seriesly?
last year I got a Yankee Candle Clean Cotton form my boss and I am il love with Yankee now. maybe you can buy some candles for your employees on https://candlemania.ie/

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2