Post subject: best scooter for 3 year old
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm

my son will be three in a few weeks time. he has had a 'my first scooter' for over a year but we find it very unstable. was looking at the micro scooter but they're very expensive. does anyone know of a cheaper but sturdy alternative?

thanks

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Go with the micro if you can, you won't regret it. I don't think any other scooter comes close to the micro ones. My Mil got dd the mini for Christmas last year and i was so impressed that Santa brought ds3 and ds4 the maxi micro ones this year. Considering the amount of money I've spent on tat over the years these are by far one of the best buys I've made.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Micro ones are great! They are really stable and easy to use.

Does anyone know if the maxi one would suit a tall girl for her 4th birthday? We are not bringing ours with when we move back to Ireland, but would consider this one and get an 'upgrade' instead of another mini. Would she be too small for it?

Positive change doesn’t happen by itself.
It has to be attentively coaxed.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Tango - the maxi would be perfect. At its lowest level it's about the same size as the mini, although the footplate is bigger and it is heavier, but if your dd is used to the mini I'm sure the maxi would be no problem for her.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Another for the micro! The maxi is great too, but a lot more expensive so if money is an issue, go mini.

The maxi would be a little too big for an average 4 yr ol but not so big it would be unusable and at 4 I wouldn't buy a micro unless the child was pretty small.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

carrie i got these for my two two weeks ago and they havent stopped playing with them since.

9.99 euros is all they cost and they are very good and strong. im delighted & so are the kids :thumbsup:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/part ... COOTER.htm

Dd3 is 8mths old :-)

Raise your words, not voice.
It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks girls for that - think if I go for it it'll be the maxi!

ETA - Sorry to hijack!

Positive change doesn’t happen by itself.
It has to be attentively coaxed.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:08 am

I know you've made up your mind but we got this for dd when she turned 3 and it's brilliant. http://www.toys.ie/Baby-Rock-Blue-!108319-prd.aspx. Except hers is pink. :biggrin:

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:07 am

Another vote for the Mini Micro Scooter here. I agonised about this before Christmas because of the cost (I had a post on here looking for the best scooter for a 3yo). We went with the mini micro in the end and I have absolutely no regrets. It is a lovely light scooter so perfect for a 3yo - also perfect for mammy or daddy carrying it!!! It's nippy and very manoeuvrable. DD absolutely loves it and would go on it everyday if she got the chance :biggrin:

Good luck with your decision.