Author

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm hoping to go for weekend break with hubbie and the four kids, but having great difficulty finding anywhere that can accomodate us all in one room. Any suggestions not too fussy about where we go, I'm in Kildare and would like somewhere within a 3 hr drive and with a pool.

Any help appreicated

Lisa

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 am

To be honest, I think you're going to find it next to impossible to find a room that can accommodate 6 people (even if some are toddlers) due to health & safety rules on room occupancy levels.

I think the best compromise would be to find a hotel that has interconnecting rooms perhaps or hotels that have holiday lets/apartments on site in order to accommodate you all.

With that in mind - have you checked out www.dreamireland.ie ?

Having stayed in Mount Wolseley holiday homes, you get the freedom of holidaying in a house along with the benefits of the spa and pool and gym of the hotel.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 am

We stayed in the Clarion Suites in Limerick early this year and it was great.They were apartments.
No pool but we were able to use the pool in The Clarion hotel which is only a 5 min drive.

The apartment was very comfortable I must say and big.

Very Proud of My Large Family

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Galway Bay hotel has family rooms and a couple of "extra large" family rooms. Has pool and right across road from sathill beach.
Connemara Coast Hotel has inter-connecting rooms but it depends on ages of your kids. They have a nice pool too.
Both are pricey enough but you might get a deal.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 pm

We went to the lodges at Blarney Golf resort this year. The lodge we got would easily sleep 3 people. There is a hotel and a clubhouse onsite and also a leisure centre.

It would be worth requesting the one story houses as the 2 story ones didnt seem to be as big.

Another place would be the Clarion hotel in Sligo. It has apartments attached to it.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

I have Parknasilla lodges booked for mid term. We have a 2 bed lodge which sleeps 6 I think but they have 3 bed villas. A friend of mine stayed in June and said they r fab. Ultra modern and comfortable, spotless. The lodge is €110 per night which I thought was decent enough considering there is 4 of us!. I believe the grounds are amazing and lead down to the beach. The hotel itself has a fab leisure complex which is free of course! We wont b eating in the hotel but I believe there are a few nice places to eat in the town. Just an idea!

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi

We stayed in the culloden hotel in belfast last year. It is 5 star and expensive but we got a special offer and ended up with 2 interconnecting rooms for the price of one. Well worth trying them. They are part of the hasting group. It is a lovely hotel and the price we paid for the room was no more than for a started hotel in the south

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

We recently stayed in Actons Hotel, Kinsale and we were given a family room which was: our bedroom, bathroom, hall and separate room for the kids with bunkbeds. Now it wasn't the most salubrious but it was clean and comfortable. It had a nice pool with childrens pool (complete with toys and bubbles so my two were in heaven), full access to gym, jaccuzi, outdoor hot tub and breakfast was really nice.

We met another family there who had booked "last minute" and couldn't get a family room but they were given a huge room which all 6 of them slept in (1 kingsize, 1 single, 1 camped, 1 bunkbed).

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Stayed in the Days Hotel in Galway this year in a 2 bedroom suite/apartment.
It slept 5 but they would have provided a 6th bed if we needed it (plenty of room)
It was lovely and there is a nice pool too.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:05 pm

The Maratime in Bantry has great family suites.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Claregalway hotel has big family rooms and has a nice leisure centre.

Imíonn an t-am[/color]

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 pm

poshspice wrote:
Claregalway hotel has big family rooms and has a nice leisure centre.

And great deals as well.

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:52 pm

As above the Claregalway hotel

The Quality hotel in Youghal also known as the Redbarn, family bookings are automatically allocated an apartment, they are overlooking the beach, have a double bedroom, ensuite twin bed, main bathroom & kitchen/living area. The twin bedroom is big enough to take an extra camper bed or 2.

We got a great deal with the heatons hotel break vouchers here for 3 nights B&B midweek including 1 evening meal for €199.

Highly recommend, very relaxing, fab leisure centre & very family friendly.

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Quality hotel in clonakilty has huge family rooms. two double beds and a single........roll out bed or a cot.

Great hotel.....cinema and play centre on site as well.

x
C

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm

I think, for the next time, you can search online for best hotels or accommodation. There you will get amazing deals.