Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Girls

As always a mine of information.Just ordered books from abc and should be here before end of week!! Free delivery and covering.
Omahonys ,i really understand your dilema and your feed back and pro active offer is very good ,but the delivery and book covering do it for me.
I also understand your plastic is good quality ,could you not do heavier ones for maybe secondary schools and cheaper ones for primary where they are useless after the year,as mainly work books.?? Just a thought.
As far as i can see alot of business here has gone to abc,based on their offers.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm

lorac wrote:
Hi Girls

As always a mine of information.Just ordered books from abc and should be here before end of week!! Free delivery and covering.
Omahonys ,i really understand your dilema and your feed back and pro active offer is very good ,but the delivery and book covering do it for me.
I also understand your plastic is good quality ,could you not do heavier ones for maybe secondary schools and cheaper ones for primary where they are useless after the year,as mainly work books.?? Just a thought.
As far as i can see alot of business here has gone to abc,based on their offers.

Agree. ABC offered a very quick service (book delivered 2 days after ordering) and the free delivery and covering would trump any other offer! (also received 2 butlers chocs having ordered €110 worth of books)

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Very efficient service from ABC - just had a query there and it has been sorted in 2 minutes flat.

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Brilliant service with ABC,delivered in 48hrs....free covering and delivery,will use again and reccommend to others :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:37 am

Thanks for lettin me know bout the free book covering !! had intended going in this week to get the books, ordered them online there to pick up at the shop ( cuz i have a few copies etc to get !) great the free book covering , deffo wud use this way again :thumbsup:

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:51 am

Thanks for the code for the covering of books, ordered my books on sunday night and received them on Tuesday. Also got two little chocolates which my children loved. Will use abc again. A big thumbs up from us. Free delivery and covering swung it for me.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:50 am

I ordered from abc over 10 days ago and still havent got the order - they are checking it up for me now.

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am

collegemum wrote:
I ordered from abc over 10 days ago and still havent got the order - they are checking it up for me now.

Something is definately wrong- I got a super service from them and recommend them highly. I guess in the volume of business they are doing the occasional order may go astray. But you are so organised in ordering in July that it will still all be done and dusted with 6 weeks to back to school. :biggrin:

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:58 pm

Has anyone ordered both from O Mahonys and ABC and got them covered??

Theres only €4.50 of a difference between both websites for all the books, covered, and delivered but curiosity has me wondering has anyone used both and what is the difference between the coverings on both????

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm

ABC got my vote and spent €270 on books :biggrin:
Free covering and delivery did it for me :thumbsup:
Got them in 3 days :biggrin:

DS1, 12yrs, My stroppy tweenager (god give me strength)
DS2, 11yrs, My worrier! (say no more!)
DS3, 11yrs, My Brat( he pushes the wrong buttons)
DD1, 9yrs, My Diva( god is having such a laugh!)
Mum of 4 wonderful, entertaining, and at times VERY difficult kids!!!

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 am

morphy wrote:
Dido2 wrote:
Has anyone ordered both from O Mahonys and ABC and got them covered??

Theres only €4.50 of a difference between both websites for all the books, covered, and delivered but curiosity has me wondering has anyone used both and what is the difference between the coverings on both????

My order would have been over €25 dearer with Omahonys since I got free covering from ABC ;)

O'mahony's have stressed here that they use superior covering but tbh, I just wanted them covered for free as I had books for 4 children in total on my order. ABC gets my vote too :biggrin:

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

I went O'Mahonys in the end as they had all the books I needed and the covering seems good - it won't come off anyway! I asked for them to delay delivery until after a certain date and they did and it arrived the day after that date.
I think O'Mahonys are doing a book voucher deal now - I missed that by a day though :(

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 pm

X

Last edited by Caroline on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:00 pm

I went with schoolbooksonline.ie - fab service - you can get them posted or pick up in either Terenure or Bluebell Got my books in 3 days, covers are great.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 pm

well i ordered today with o mahonys.....just a few minutes ago in fact ..will post back and tell ye when they are delivered..

i presume they will take a bit longer as with the kids going back to school in a few weeks..but maybe not!

i just think i'm from limerick and its nice to support our own :biggrin:

got them covered too..yes a euro a book but i figure the books will be handed down and if it really is as good a covering as they say then it will last the time and save the books!

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Word for word what Whitecat posted - especially supporting a local company :thumbsup:

I ordered mine online on Sunday evening and got an e-mail this morning to say my order was being processed.

ETA I got an e-mail this morning (Wed) to say 2 of the books were out of stock, delivery due in the next few days. Did I want to wait until they arrived or did I want the balance immediately...I'm happy to wait. Excellent communication so far.

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi there!
This thread is so helpful, I didn't realize there was such a choice of online companies to order school books!

Just trying to order from abc bookshop and wondering how the promotional code works for the free book covering? Do you need to select book covering for all the books and then enter the code at checkout?

Thanks for letting me know,
Isabelle

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:28 pm

i don't know isabelle...but that is what i would presume anyway....click cover all and then at the checkout there should be a place to enter a coupon .

well my books arrived today..dh has them so he will bring them home with him..he met the delivery guy as i wasnt home....

i only ordered around lunch time tuesday and got them today a fantastic service :thumbsup:

will report back when i get them in a bit as to what the covering is like

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm

I ended up ordering with O Mahonys and the books arrived very fast, not sure when exactly because we weren't home and a neighbour took delivery of them for us, but the books are well covered, not sure how they compare coverwise to the other websites though...

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

all books arrived and the covering is good quality alright ! we also got individual labels for each book to put on childs name :thumbsup:

very good service i am well impressed

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 8  [ 149 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next