Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 pm

My god she is only 40. Wow! you don't expect that kind of rubbish from a young-ish person

Leela: OK, this has gotta stop. I'm going to remind Fry of his humanity the way only a woman can.
Farnsworth: You're going to do his laundry?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 pm

I am glad she cleared up how I got pregnant but now she is saying I was sinning too.I thought I was doing what was expected of me as a good Catholic wife. :stupid:

Very Proud of My Large Family

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 pm

What a shit, whitemocha, sorry you had to face that.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Ronan Mullen is a senator and, iirc, a founding member of Youth Defence :2guns:

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe" - Carl Sagan

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Next she'll be proposing the reopening of institutions for fallen women!!

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Ronan Mullen is a little shit. I could say worse about him but I won't. I am so sorry you had to see that whitemocha.

This has made me so angry. Solutions for the weak? FFS. I despair and I am very sad, though not surprised, to hear the bill has been defeated.

"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience" - Doug Larson

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Its so hard to believe that people still have opinions like that in this country :bomb:

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Real agenda??

Surely thats obvious??

I'd be more interested in knowing the "real agendas" of people who make women carry pregnancies with no hope of survival or who force women with cancer who need treatment to travel to terminate a pregnancy that they cannot continue with.

Sickening.

Jesus I'm so mad. There must be something we can do.

whitemocha wrote:
iuil wrote:

i havent had a chance to google him so i suppose that says it all really

He told me i should of carried my baby till the end because Ireland has the best Palletive care in the world, he also said that he was sponosoring some child in africa that had one of the conditions that the other girl Ruths baby had.

Then he asked one of us at the end of our session with them on the quiet he said "what is your :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: real agenda here?" this was to a girl who lost her daughter Aoife at 22 weeks

:bomb: I would have to be restrained at that point. What a horrible, evil bastard that man is. He regularly writes articles about this sort of thing, protecting the family and such like. I wouldn't believe a word about that sponsoring business either. He is a misogynist and a creep. I am livid for all of you that you were exposed to his vitriol.

"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience" - Doug Larson

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm

whitemocha wrote:
iuil wrote:

He told me i should of carried my baby till the end because Ireland has the best Palletive care in the world, he also said that he was sponosoring some child in africa that had one of the conditions that the other girl Ruths baby had.

Then he asked one of us at the end of our session with them on the quiet he said "what is your :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: real agenda here?" this was to a girl who lost her daughter Aoife at 22 weeks

I'm genuinely shocked. Honestly. That's horrific. What a truly nasty little man. I am so sorry that you were subjected to this kind of ignorance.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:10 pm

whitemocha I'm applalled by what he said to you, what an awful ordeal after what you have all been though. The little shit :bomb:

Let the madness continue

And yet these people are in power. And they are probably the few who say what they think out loud. I bet a lot of other politicians think along the same lines but don't say it out loud. Just look at the result of the bill today...
Whitemocha, very sorry you went through that.

whitemocha I am so sorry you had to face such awful people yesterday, I can't believe that guy said those things to you. :bomb:
These are the people that we elected to make decisions for us, it is so frightening. :(

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Gerbera wrote:
whitemocha wrote:
iuil wrote:

:bomb: I would have to be restrained at that point. What a horrible, evil bastard that man is. He regularly writes articles about this sort of thing, protecting the family and such like. I wouldn't believe a word about that sponsoring business either. He is a misogynist and a creep. I am livid for all of you that you were exposed to his vitriol.

just googled this fucking muppet and he also a Barrister-at-law (on leave of absence) :bomb:
I am struggling to write cause i am so angry at these fucking ejits in the governement!! we are being ruled by Dictators and also the beliefs of the catholic church !
Im mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad at this Country !!!!

No 4 Due 30th August 2012

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Fucking hell, I literally do not know what to say, not often that happens.
Whitemocha I am so sorry that utter bastard spoke to you all in that manner.

Religion really should have no place at all in politics, peoples beliefs are their own but when someone is paid to represent a constituency as a TD or whatever then they have been elected by people with all manner of religious beliefs and should absolutely not be promoting views such as that.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:20 pm

whitemocha wrote:
iuil wrote:

I'm so f*cking horrified at that man's treatment of you Whitemocha, I actually feel sick. Who votes for these lunatics?

My post just crossed with Louii's, who said exactly what I am trying to splutter out through my anger!!

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 pm

A rambling statement that highly illustrates her religous beliefs, which seem extreme and and are offensive to majority of the population. The government and opposition actually have quite a few people with extreme (IMO) religous views, really does make me wonder how much actual info we get on candidates. Should we not have a lot more transparency on candidates personal lives? I know the info we got on candidates was party driven.

madamemac wrote:
This coming from a relatively young woman; the mind boggles. Who uses words like "fornication" and "sin" these days anyway, only mad people or major-league God-botherers? I presume she's one or the other.

I find this statement also offensive, as a country that is according to the last census mainly Christian surely we all believe in 'sin' without the majority of us being 'God Botherers' or 'mad'.

CB

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I was on the way home from the hospital when I heard this, I had been given strong drugs so I genuinely thought I was hallucinating, seriously what year is it.

Regardless of my personal beliefs in abortion if there was a vote in the morning on it I would have no hesitation in voting yes for it. No matter what the womans reasons are, and the stories I have heard this week are truly heartbreaking, I dont think it is ever a decision that is taken lightly.

The treatment that senator doled out to whitemocha is beyond words, that TD is living is some other universe, we would be better off without these people ruling us!

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I can't form the words to describe how disgusted I am with both Michelle Mulherin and Ronan Mullen. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

She is offensive, & her speech was incoherent. :bomb:

This brings me back to when I was in DCU in 1989. Clare Daly was president of the Student Union and was at the forefront of the pro-choice protests. Fair dues to her for re-opening this debate.
But the courage of Whitemocha & the other women, who came forward with their stories, is awe-inspiring. I am sorry you had to endure smirks and intolerant remarks when you put your case to the Oireachtas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 2 of 9  [ 178 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next