kazmad wrote:
kazmad wrote:

Package 1: Party Package @ €37 per person
Complimentary Red Carpet on arrival
4 course gala dinner
Menus & table arrangements
DJ & Dancing until Late
Venue Security

i just put it up as i thought that was very good value if it did include the DJ n all but sure theres no difference really between a ball and a debs apart from hopefully some of us have grown up :sarcasm:

Kasmad, I thought it was a great idea, I just got carried away thinking of my debs!! no offense intended :thumbsup:

ah i know, no offense taken, sure either way it would all be a great laugh :biggrin:

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm

MomSthDub wrote:
I know I don't post a lot - (but trying to), but I read all the time and would love to go.

I pass by Wexford Street in the city centre on the way home from work and the Karma bar on the corner is offering free room and dj (i think too) for any function - not sure of its size tho.

More than welcome :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi, just throwing another idea out there http://www.seagrassdublin.com/ you can bring your own drink so it cuts out any drama re the bill. They also do set menu and group bookings.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I agree with Sadie (and others). Instead of dinner, organise it along the lines of a party.

I had my 40th last Christmas in a local hotel. We had hire of a private bar, DJ, late licence, cake and champagne and finger food (pizza and lots of other canapés) - the price was €300 for food and above package for 50 people or €500 for same package for 100 people... food portions were generous. It included free entry to the nightclub, although we just stayed in the private bar and danced away. I gave the DJ a set list and he stuck to it etc.

http://www.headfortarms.ie/Party-Venue.aspx

I'm sure that there are many places organising similar deals in these times. It means that you pay a fiver in (or a tenner, if raising money for charity - or you have a raffle as well), you get some finger food, entertainment etc. People buy their own drinks, so no arguments there. You get to mingle more than at a sit-down meal.

I'd be on for that. Didn't realise that the Ball is not going ahead.

Best of luck, Trishy!

IM x

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:18 am

I would look fecking beautiful in my debs dress - big puffy sleeves and all.......

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 am

Isaac'sMum wrote:
I agree with Sadie (and others). Instead of dinner, organise it along the lines of a party.

I had my 40th last Christmas in a local hotel. We had hire of a private bar, DJ, late licence, cake and champagne and finger food (pizza and lots of other canapés) - the price was €300 for food and above package for 50 people or €500 for same package for 100 people... food portions were generous. It included free entry to the nightclub, although we just stayed in the private bar and danced away. I gave the DJ a set list and he stuck to it etc.

http://www.headfortarms.ie/Party-Venue.

Was just going to post that The Maldron in Tallaght has a similar package but it's twice the price! They have rooms for 59euro too.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am

gamum wrote:
I would look fecking beautiful in my debs dress - big puffy sleeves and all.......

ME TOO!!!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 am

No puffy sleeves here, my debs was only 6 years ago... the question is whether or not the fecking dress would fit anymore :o

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:18 am

January wrote:
the question is whether or not the fecking dress would fit anymore :o

I wouldn't even get mine up over my bum!!!!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:27 am

another one interested here, and think the party without the party person is a good idea. I am currently orgainising a party for my dad and its not working out that expensive. Not as expensive as the sit down dinner with a set menu that we orgainise for my Mam.

There are lots of pubs with rooms available and would be only too happy with the custom.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Really like the idea of a party without a person! But that all depends on numbers. No point in having a room with music etc with only 20-30 there.

So Plan #1 - Academy Plaza Hotel, just off O'Connell Street can provide Asian Buffet for €12.90 per person. Dates suggested are Sat 28 May, Sat 11 June.

Plan #2 - Sadie is making enquires at Green Isle Hotel, so will provide info on that asap.

No problem making enquiries elsewhere.....but I need to have an idea of numbers.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:37 pm

just about the academy plaza, i stayed there recently & the asian buffet food isn;t that nice at all I'm afraid...

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Can't make 28th. TWO friends 40th that day!

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:47 pm

I'd definitely be interested in this depending on the date. Would also prefer a party setting over a sit down meal, I agree with others who said we'd have a better chance of mingling that way. Maybe put up another thread and try to get an idea of numbers.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:48 pm

:shocked: You could have a party for ME!!! :o haha only kidding, my birthday is 30th May and was planning on going on for dinner on the 28th but nothing set in stone...

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:48 pm

June would definately be better for me and the Green Isle would be super handy of course for me :biggrin:

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Have set up a poll :biggrin:

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 pm

morphy wrote:
Just an idea....Lidlbreaks.ie do overnight with dinner for €49 pps, If the group wasn't too big you might all be able to avail of that.

brillliant idea!! i was on one of those breaks in feb and they are great value

how did that happen!! Growing up way to quick

I am in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis because i love my son

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am

I'm interested and if you need any help organising it just let me know :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 3  [ 59 posts ] Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3